Bond 22 Theme By........Marilyn Manson?

Stacey SuttonStacey Sutton Posts: 12MI6 Agent
In a recent interview with an germany rock magazine, shock rocker Marilyn Manson said that if he was offered to do a James Bond theme, he wouldn't turn it down and that he loves the lastest bond movie.

Myself, i like Marilyn Manson. He's a great performer, maybe a bit freaky now and then, but deffantly talented. I don't think that he would ever be offered to do a theme, but a metal James Bond theme?...it would be a bit different. :))

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    I suspect we've got as close as we're going to get to that with the Cornell chap (which is, admittedly, not very close at all!), but I'm all for different ideas being played. If they went rocky again I'd quite like Muse to be considered; just OTT enough but not silly.

I'm rather keen on the idea of Amy Winehouse for Bond 22; she's so Bondy (but in a fresh 21st century kind of way) here that she seems like the only choice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygAu1x2uQo
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,363Chief of Staff
    In a recent interview with an germany rock magazine, shock rocker Marilyn Manson said that if he was offered to do a James Bond theme, he wouldn't turn it down and that he loves the lastest bond movie.

Myself, i like Marilyn Manson. He's a great performer, maybe a bit freaky now and then, but deffantly talented. I don't think that he would ever be offered to do a theme, but a metal James Bond theme?...it would be a bit different. :))

I really don't see it either, but I agree that he wouldn't turn it down if it was offered.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    If Manson gets the job, I'll remove my lower ribs! :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Stacey SuttonStacey Sutton Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    haha.
    sometimes i wonder if thats true of not.
    :o
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    haha.
    sometimes i wonder if thats true of not.
    :o

It's not- I'm not convinced you'd be able to walk if you did that! :)
  • a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    That'd be interesting. Imagine what was done with Eastern (european)/Russian folk music with Matt Monro at FRWL, this time done with Arabic ethnic (with the hints about Bond22's plot being what they are) music but sung by Marilyn Manson. Insane at the very least and maybe (hopefully) brilliant. That said, I expect it'll never happen.
  • NewsmanNewsman Erie, PA USAPosts: 92MI6 Agent
    If Manson does the Bond theme...that will probably be one track I won't be buying on Itunes.
  • Boris07Boris07 lincs ukPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    It could be good (i'm thinking TWINE by Garbage meets LALD by Wings), but considering what he did to Suicide is Painless (Theme from M*A*S*H*) I might not be so sure!