Quartermaster?

Sorry if it's been asked before, and if it's written down somewhere, but what does "Quartermaster" signify on some people's titles?

It's not a big deal, and I'm not complaining, but I'm merely curious. :D

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    If I remember correctly the members who have that title have made several written contributions to the site. I think the written contributions can be found in the site features at the top of the forum. They have special access also to post their writtings in that section when they write something new.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Thanks for answering Mr. Martini!
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    And of course there's a 'Quartermasters Only' VIP lounge with hot & cold running women and plentiful supplies of toast.
    Well don't get me started on what the NSA lounge looked like in its heyday. (Sadly, cobwebs have overtaken the place). :( ;)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    On a related topic, there have been a few occasions when I checked the 'Who's Online' and I noticed a non-mod in in a private area. I thought only mods were allowed to go into their secret area? Or am I imagining things? ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Hey, I want a secret area too! ;)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Oh, we all want that for you, JFF!

. . .Just kidding! :007)
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent

I already have mine :v
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,390Chief of Staff
    Dan Same wrote:
    On a related topic, there have been a few occasions when I checked the 'Who's Online' and I noticed a non-mod in in a private area. I thought only mods were allowed to go into their secret area? Or am I imagining things? ;)

I suspect that I may be one of the people you mention, so I could tell you the answer to your question, Dan; but then of course I'd have to shoot you... ;)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Barbel wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    I suspect that I may be one of the people you mention, so I could tell you the answer to your question, Dan; but then of course I'd have to shoot you... ;)
    Come on Barbel, you can't leave me hanging! :D I would really like to know as I've noticed this phenomenon quite a few times.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman