'Butterfly on a Wheel' aka 'Shattered'

XeniaXenia 2nd star to the right, straighPosts: 28MI6 Agent
edited July 2007 in Off Topic Chat
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been here, I've been revamping my Xenia Website. If you guys were wondering what I'm up to.... Well, I'm trying to create a movie news fan website and most of the pages are still in construction phase but will be completed in a bit. The one page that's pretty much done is the Butterfly on a Wheel Page.

I'll be tracking Pierce Brosnan movie info, he's still my favorite Bond. :)

Check out my site, and let me know if something needs to be changed or added. Thanks!

Nice to be back again. :D

http://ca.geocities.com/xenia_lady/F_Butterfly.html

Comments

• DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    welcome back :)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Wow!! When I saw Zenia was the topic starter I thought the thread was dug up out of the deepest archive in AJB. It's good to see you back Zenia. And, even though I'm not into Hollywood Hunks your website looks great. I hope you stay around for a while.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • XeniaXenia 2nd star to the right, straighPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    Thanks DAWUSS! Greatly appreciate it. Hope all things are going good for you. :)

Hehehe, Mr. Martini, it's been ages since I last saw you. :D I'm like a bad apple, one that seldom goes away for too long. ;)

As for Hollywood Hunks, I just needed a catchy name for the website. It's mostly for information on upcoming movies on actors, as you know, alot of those actors usually have hot babes co-starring. :))

And I'm glad you like it. Thanks!
    Took me a while to find this thread, but thanks Mr Martini :) Really appreciate what you done. :D
    Whoa, major updates for BOAW. Thought you guys would like to know. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the last day, some updates for Butterfly have been happening, there's even movement at IMDb BOAW page, though no US/Canada release date yet. Lionsgate and Maple, get moving! Heh.

Anyways, here are the articles.

Sitges 2007 Festival Internacional de Cinema de Catalunya
    June 21, 2007
    The Orphanage, by J.A. Bayona, to open the festival
    From October 4 to 14th, Sitges 2007 40th Edition of Festival Internacional de Cinema de Catalunya. There will be a variety of films from various nations around the world. The opening film for this year will be The Orphanage by JJ.A. Bayona, produced by Guillermo del Toro. Many of the films that are named in this article sound very interesting and good, please check out the article for films named and the type of film seen will be from European films to American retrospect. Also there was an announcement made for Butterfly on a Wheel, here's the excerpt. Thanks Sitges 2007 Festival Internacional de Cinema de Catalunya ( and PBfiles for finding this!)
    PREMIERE, an Official Category dedicated to out-of-competition fantasy genre films, will include Butterfly on a Wheel, by Mike Barker, a powerful horror thriller starring Pierce Brosnam, accompanied by Gerard Butler and Maria Bello.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitges Internation Film Festival
    June 21, 2007
    'Orphanage' opens Sitges
    At this years The Sitges Intl. Film Festival of Catalonia, Europe's oldest and biggest fantasy fest, will open its 40th edition with "The Orphanage," by Juan Antionio Bayona produced by Guillermo del Toro. As this film festival runs from October 4 - 14th, Sitges will feature a large variety of films from all around the world, from American Gothic retro to a large spread of Spanish fantasy pics. For a list of films that'll be appearing, check out the link. There is one part of this article that mentions Butterfly on a Wheel, here's the excerpt. Thanks Variety
    Premiere, the sprocket opera's main out-of-competition sidebar, includes Mike Barker's "Butterfly on a Wheel," toplining Pierce Brosnan, Gerard Butler and Maria Bello.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, since the festival only runs from October 4 to the 14th, does that mean the World Premiere will be somewhere else or perhaps it will be at this festival? Maybe this showing is just a special event... Hopefully there will be more info soon. (btw, aren't ya thrilled that there's a date? I sure am! :D )

That reminds me, at IMDb, the user rating for this movie is 9.7 out of 222 votes. Seems good eh? :) :D

(just the updated part)
    THHN - BOAW
    Well, I generally don't do this sort of thing, but been asked to spread the word on this movie's lack of distribution. Please read and don't forget to check out the trailer, it's fairly good. :)

{And sorry I haven't been around much, my personal life just got busier so I have less time to chat in my regular haunts, though I'm trying my best to follow JB22 news, am I'm already getting a bit hyped for it. :) }

~ Xenia aka Rose ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grass Root Movement Support for Butterfly on a Wheel aka Shattered

GB.Net, Pierce Brosnan Files and many more sites are asking for help to bring Butterfly aka Shattered to more screens in the US. Currently, this film is only being viewed in Miami in 5 different theatres. Many fans are asking Lionsgate to release this film to more theatres and are also asking their local cinemas/multiplex's to pick up this movie. There is also a thread started at Lionsgate Forums, please add support and request politely for it's release and why.

To help with this grass roots movement, (and it has worked successfully on other films) please contact Lionsgate at:

Lionsgate
    2700 Colorado Ave.
    Santa Monica, CA 90404
    Phn: 310-449-9200
    Fax: 310-255-3870

For Canada, please contact Maple Pictures at:

Maple Pictures
    416-944-0104
    info@maplepictures.com

When contacting distributors please ask them politely for a wide release of film and why you would like to see it. Also for both countries, contact your local independent theaters and maybe a few multiplexes. The multiplexes are not always as willing to go out and solicit distributors, but it's worth a shot. Request, politely, and with facts that you would like to see 'Butterfly on a Wheel' aka 'Shattered'. (please use both titles for Canada as it's still listed at Infinity Features as such). For example, list the stars, the rating (the MPAA has given it an R rating, not sure what the Canadian rating is yet) and that Maple Pictures is the distributor. Also add the link to Lionsgate Site that has the 'Shattered' Trailer and poster links from sites like GB.net 'Shattered' Poster, Gerard Butler GALS, Pierce Brosnan Files 'Shattered' Poster and there are more sites hosting this poster. If you like, add the forum link to Lionsgate to show that there are a few who ask and they represent the many more who want to see this film. PLEASE, participate in this endeavor, much work has gone into making this film for the big screen and many want to see it first there. Thanks for helping and reading this.

Again, Official Trailer from Lionsgate:
    'Shattered' Trailer

Shattered_Poster.jpg
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Has anybody seen this yet? The trailer looks promising. When I read the synopsis I thought Pierce was playing the domesticated husband. I'm delighted to see he's playing the bad guy. As he proved with The Tailor of Panama, he can do it very well.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    No, but it is on my list of 'movies I'm looking forward to.' The trailer does look good ( and so does Gerard Butler ;% )
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    Brosnan as the villain? Count me in!
    Lady Rose wrote:
    No, but it is on my list of 'movies I'm looking forward to.' The trailer does look good ( and so does Gerard Butler ;% )

So on a scale of 10, Gerard's a 300. Would you consider it a fair estimate? ;)
    Straight-to-DVD for Shattered. That does not bode well.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=5574&catid=3
    Yeah, doesn't look good. But hey, if you lived in the states it was on TNT, though I hear it was a horrendous pan and scan with campy editing.

I was lucky enough to see this film at VIFF when I was in Vancouver at the end of September. Spoke with Director Mike Barker and Screenwriter/Producer William Morrissey, they did a Q&A after the viewing and they were fantastic to listen too. It's still doing the film festival circuit, I believe next month will the last of the showings according to IMDb, though it still hasn't shown in Oz or UK yet. Icon hold the territory for it in both countries, still no news if it's going to be seen on the big screen or to DVD yet. Though at the UK Icon site, it's name is still called 'Butterfly on a Wheel', I like that title much better than 'Shattered'.

Anyways, to be honest, it's a shame that most people won't get to see it on the big screen. It plays very well there. Here in Canada, last month it played uncut and in widescreen on Super Channel. It just doesn't look the same on the small screen, not as a great of an impact on the actors performances. Pierce as always does a fantastic job, he does a wonderful bad guy. Seriously, I think he should do more 'bad' roles. Gerard Butler, who appeared in the majority of scenes was awesome, I think he's getting better and better in each role he gets. Maria Bello, does a great performance also.

If you guys get a chance, watch it. It's a good thriller, well worth watching a few times I think. :)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    I may have missed a trick Xenia, are you involved professionally on this movie?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Heh, no I'm not. Though I think it would be fun working in the movie industry. I'm just a movie fan like most people here. :)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    But Butterfly on a Wheel has got awful reviews on imdb! :# I thought I'd check before posting that...

Poor old Brozzer, years ago on this board I suggested he change his agent, advice he should have heeded, should he ever have dropped into ajb. He could have had a career like Fred MacMurray (Billy Wilder stalwart, Double Indemnity and The Apartment plus Flubber (not a Wilder film...)

Even his Bonds were nearly rans.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Poor old Brozzer, years ago on this board I suggested he change his agent, advice he should have heeded, should he ever have dropped into ajb.

But Brosnan's one of the producers of Shattered. So his new agent would have had to tell him not to work with himself. :))
    You actually read the reviews at IMDb? Seriously?

I suggest renting it when it's available at Christmas, check it out yourself and forget what everyone has said about the movie from there. Half the reviews there were good and terrible. Most of the good reviews are from people who've seen it on the big screen, the majority of bad ones are from the TNT dumbed down to PG14 with dubbing for language version.

IMO it's a good movie, one of the better ones this year cause I didn't know what to expect for this film but keep in mind this is a thriller, more of a popcorn flick and a nice way to spend an hour and half just relaxing and watching.

As for Brosnan's Bond films, I love watching em. Goldeneye rules. :D

But Butterfly on a Wheel has got awful reviews on imdb! I thought I'd check before posting that...

Poor old Brozzer, years ago on this board I suggested he change his agent, advice he should have heeded, should he ever have dropped into ajb. He could have had a career like Fred MacMurray (Billy Wilder stalwart, Double Indemnity and The Apartment plus Flubber (not a Wilder film...)

Even his Bonds were nearly rans.
    I finally saw this. It's basically Collateral, but rubbish. The reason for Brosnan putting Butler through hell is utterly pathetic. Butler plays a corporate a**hole, who could have done any numer of things wrong, but when his 'crime' is revealed it's something so mundane that this might as well been an episode of a soap-opera.