You Know My Name ... LIVE!

PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
edited May 2007 in James Bond Music
Last week I had an opportunity through my employer to attend an event honoring Chris Cornell for his successfull recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.

I was supposed to see him rehearse but he wasn't feeling well and bagged the soundcheck so I only got to watch his band set up. He did perform at the event itself, including "You Know My Name" in the set. I know alot of folks don't care much for the song but I happen to like it ALOT and hearing it not only live but minus the heavy orchestration was a big thrill.

I worked the green room before hand and got to speak with Cornell for just a second; signed my CD single of YNMN. He is extremely soft spoken (if you watch video clips from the event, he's difficult to hear by comparison to other interviews) and very, very TALL.

I can't post any images from the event but you can view them here:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&str=MAP&styp=&sfld=A&nbc1=1&VwMd=i&c4=273541

For whatever reason, I don't find him especially photogenic but in person he's abolutely beautiful; all of the women in my party were completely smitten.

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    wow. that's amazing, PMJB. I'd love to hear him live sometime, as I'm also a huge fan of YKMN. congrats on getting to speak with Mr. Cornell.

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    edited May 2007
    I, too, am a big fan of the song; the version I have is probably the first one to break on the 'net---the guitar-heavy version, with more subdued orchestration. Like his idol Paul McCartney, he now has a great Bond song in his repertoire, with which he can 'wow' live audiences for years to come. Good for him B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • willhardcorewillhardcore Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Where did you get this version?