Jamesbondmm Trojan

Whilst looking for Caroline Munro pictures for the Izzy Stuff, I went to Jamesbondmm and got infected with a trojan! Thankfully my computer cleaned it, but I thought I should bring this to the attention of its founder just in case he doesn't know.

Thanks!

JFF

Comments

• JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Hi JFF,

I can assure you that the website does not contain any malicious code, so I can't see how this happened.

Were you browsing other websites at the time, downloading content, music, videos, games etc? Do you have any toolbars installed, any programs running in the background on your computer, using unsecured wifi? There could be many places where you could have been 'infected'. It may have been somewhere completely different that you got this thing, but you could have just been browsing the site at the time. A few minutes earlier and you could have been looking at AJB when it happened, this does not necessarily mean theres a problem with AJB or the website.

If you can let me know the page(s) you were looking at when it happened, I'll just double-check things to make sure the page hasn't been hacked or something.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I highly doubt it was from that site. I haven't had any problems. As said before you could have got it from numerous places and it could have just been a coincidene it showed up when you were browsing that site.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    I suppose, but it's happened twice when I'm there. I'll go back later today and experiment and report back here. :D
    Maybe your spyware/antivirus is just detecting something that could be confused with something bad.
    Possibly. But this is what happened. Leaving AJB, I went to jamesbondmm to test it out. It starts to open from a place, the URL being, "cards.funnystories.ru" and then downloading from there with "cards.funnystories.ru/cards.ani".

Maybe it's harmless, but my antivirus detected it as an Explot.AniFile trojan, and I just wanted to bring it to the attention of the webmaster. Thanks!
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Just when I thought Jamesbondmm had become the new spokesman for the popular brand of prophylactics, I learn that JennyFlexFan just has some computer problems.

Disappointing... :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    :)) The pay deal wasn't enough Teehee so it had to go. :)

Sounds like you have computer/browser problems there JFF. However just to be thorough, if you can let me know the exact URL that you go to (eg. http://www.jamesbondmm.co.uk/bond-girls/izabella-scorupco.php?id=012 ), I can take a look. I'm tied up for the next couple of weeks after today, so I'll take a look for you then.
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    JFF, have you got any spyware search apps that you can run on your system in addition to your AV?

Both SpybotS&D and Adaware SE are good antispyware partners.

Also, try scanning your system with TrendMicro's Housecall (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/free_security_tools/housecall_free_scan.php) - good piece of web-based AV scanning that is sometimes more thorough that the installed alternatives ...
    I've had Spybot before, and I suppose I'll try it again, but I just go to "jamesbondmm.co.uk" every time and it happens. I'll scan the system, and it happens on both computers. A better experiment would be to try it on another computer but I don't want anyone angry with me. :D

The AV that I have is McAfee, BTW.
    Which part of the website do you have to go to?