Any Liberty University graduates here?

TOOTSTOOTS Posts: 114MI6 Agent
Just intrigued by my reading on this institution. Wondered if there are any graduates here and can anyone shed any light on "Creationism"? Is this a theory or a belief - does anyone believe this and can they share their thoughts, please?

I don't want to be controversial or political. Just want some real, non-book opinions from anyone who has a thought on this.

Thanks.

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited May 2007
    TOOTS wrote:
    Just intrigued by my reading on this institution. Wondered if there are any graduates here and can anyone shed any light on "Creationism"? Is this a theory or a belief - does anyone believe this and can they share their thoughts, please?

I don't want to be controversial or political. Just want some real, non-book opinions from anyone who has a thought on this.

Thanks.

'Creationism' is a belief and in Hebrew and Christian (and I suppose Islamic theology as well) is referring to the literal Six Day Creation period outlined in the beginning of the Book of Genesis.

The term 'Intelligent Design' or 'ID' is actually a theory that is accepted by some scientists including Dr. Francis Collins, head of the Human Genome Project, and Dean Kenyon, a biologist who developed the Biochemical Predestination theory, who believe that irreducibly complex systems are indicative of a designer and not naturally evolved.
  • TOOTSTOOTS Posts: 114MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:

'Creationism' is a belief and in Hebrew and Christian (and I suppose Islamic theology as well) is referring to the literal Six Day Creation period outlined in the beginning of the Book of Genesis.

The term 'Intelligent Design' or 'ID' is actually a theory that is accepted by some scientists including Dr. Francis Collins, head of the Human Genome Project, and Dean Kenyon, a biologist who developed the Biochemical Predestination theory, who believe that irreducibly complex systems are indicative of a designer and not naturally evolved.

Hmm. It's complex.