Why celebs can't count to ten...

darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
Here's a bit of trivia which I don't think I was ever aware of -- a list of celebrities who are missing fingers:

http://www.who2.com/missingdigits.html

A surprise mention on the list is OHMSS's very own Blofeld.

Comments

• RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    That indeed is an interesting list. Daryl Hannah? Wow.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I'd heard that Savalas's finger wasn't missing; it was deformed, looking rather shrivelled. (It's also clearly visible--next time you watch OHMSS notice how he holds his cigarette.) One name I noticed is missing from the list--or perhaps I overlooked it--is the great 19th century British P.M. William Ewart Gladstone, who accidentally shot off the tip of his finger and used a black sheath to cover it. If you ever see the so-so movie Khartoum, Ralph Richardson plays Gladstone, with finger sheath plainly in view. It calls so much attention to itself you have to wonder why Gladstone bothered!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Funny this should come up, actually. Just the other week I found out that a friend of mine, who I've known for about 3 years, was missing two fingers and the tip of his thumb! Lost them in an accident when he was working for a butchers during school.

But now that it's been pointed out (we were talking about how easy accidents can happen, when he happened to mention losing his fingers), it's just going to stick out like a sore thumb every time I see him :# - excuse the pun.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    My buddy Joseph lost part of his left foot in an unfortunate smelting accident (sic). He's known as No Toe Joe.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    I already knew about Scotty and Tony Iommi from Sabbath. Not only did James Doohan lose his finger at Normandy, his life was saved by a metal cigarrete case in his breat pocket which took a bullet

Lee Marvin, he took a bullet at Normandy as well, in the buttocks.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,714MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    Tony Iommi from Sabbath

Yeah- that's great. Having metal fingertips- you can get much more metal than that!
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    My father has a sewered thumb and pinky on his left hand. He wanted to switch of the circular saw from the wrong side...
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    My father is missing half of his right index finger (that's the top half BTW ;) ). He often gave us children various reasons as to why he lost it depending on what suited his position at the time: "My father cut it off when I didn't eat my vegetables" or "I lost it at Disneyland so we're not going back."
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,281MI6 Agent
    Famous Hollywood heavy Lee Van Cleef was missing the tip one of his fingers. You can see it clearly during the three way duel at the end of "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly".
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    As a young boy my sister slammed the car door on the little finger of my left hand and I lost the tip (about 1 inch) of my little finger. The finger nail tends to grow to something of a point, which can be troublesome.