John Barry plays live in London with Jarvis Cocker

stew3694stew3694 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
John Barry will be performing classic bond tracks at the Royal Festival Hall on London's Southbank as part of Jarvis Cockers Meltdown festival.

Full details are:
Thursday 21 June, 7.30pm
Royal Festival Hall
The Music of John Barry
London Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Nicholas Dodd with guest appearances from John Barry and Jarvis Cocker.

Join the London Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Nicholas Dodd, as they perform a programme of work, including the James Bond Suite, from the five time Academy award-winning composer.

Tickets http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/music/productions/john-barry-the-london-philha-16636

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,363Chief of Staff
    ...and guess who's out of the country at that time? :#
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    I was thinking of going but the tickets were a bit too highly priced (and I'm sure they're all gone by now as this was a while ago) and there was no indication of a set list. If it was just title songs (although I expect it won't be) I'm not terribly interested.
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    ;%

I was looking at getting tickets a couple of weeks back when the box office opened, but decided against it because of price and schedule.

But what I failed to do was pass on the details. A million apologies to all ...
  • Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    stew3694 wrote:
    John Barry will be performing classic bond tracks at the Royal Festival Hall on London's Southbank as part of Jarvis Cockers Meltdown festival.

Be aware though, John Barry hasn't confirmed any participation at this time.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    Yes- there's been no question of him performing- Nicholas Dodd is taking conducting duties. Barry is just supposed to be a guest, and I think that he was unable to attend a recent similar appearance, so I wouldn't go expecting to see John Barry particularly.