Kamal Khan

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
edited May 2007 in General James Bond Chat
Was doing a bit of research yesterday, about the DOB of all the bond villains, and it turns out that Kamal Khan's actor was born in 1919, which would make him.......... 64 years old when he was in Octopussy! I'm shocked at that, didn't think he looked that old at all! Anyone else shocked?

Was looking at other villains too, I could only find one that villain was older than him in their film, and that was Rosa Klebb, by one year.

Gustav Graves was one of the youngest, at 33.
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Good topic!

Ah, Kamal my favorite villain. Yes Louis Jourdan was quite old when he played Kamal Khan but it transpires that Richard Loo who played Hai Fat was 69 years old at the time of TMWTGG!
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Was doing a bit of research yesterday, about the DOB of all the bond villains, and it turns out that Kamal Khan's actor was born in 1919, which would make him.......... 64 years old when he was in Octopussy! I'm shocked at that, didn't think he looked that old at all! Anyone else shocked?

Was looking at other villains too, I could only find one that villain was older than him in their film, and that was Rosa Klebb, by one year.

Gustav Graves was one of the youngest, at 33.

I would never of guessed he was that old, good actor and personality
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    Louis Jourdan was making films at least as far back as the 1950s--one of his most famous roles was as the romantic male lead in the 1955 musical Gigi. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that he was 64--but he did look awfully good for his age.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Louis Jourdan was making films at least as far back as the 1950s--one of his most famous roles was as the romantic male lead in the 1955 musical Gigi. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that he was 64--but he did look awfully good for his age.

The earliest film I can place Jourdan in is Letter from an Unknown Woman which was made in 1948.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited May 2007
    The first time I was ever aware of Louis Jourdan was in the late '70's, when he had the title role in an excellent adaptation of Dracula, which aired in the U.S. on PBS and undoubtedly originated in the U.K. He was outstanding.

I also enjoyed his performance in OP---a superior Bond villain B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    The first time I was ever aware of Louis Jourdan was in the late '70's, when he had the title role in an excellent adaptation of Dracula, which aired in the U.S. on PBS and undoubtedly originated in the U.K. He was outstanding.

I also enjoyed his performance in OP---a superior Bond villain B-)

I've always wanted to see that version of Dracula..

Louis Jourdan was pure class in Octopussy and suited the opulence of that particular film.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    words wrote:
    Louis Jourdan was pure class in Octopussy and suited the opulence of that particular film.

No question about it...the moment when he says: "Octopussy....Octopussy...I would never do anything...to hurt you."

:v Gotta love it.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    The backgammon scene is pure Bond goodness. Bond outsmarts the cheating host. Jordan was classy as Khan.

How old was Curt Jurgens in TSWLM?
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent

He was 62 at the time.
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    The backgammon scene is pure Bond goodness. Bond outsmarts the cheating host. Jordan was classy as Khan.

OOOOOOh I love that scene! Everyone is great in it. A Bond classic!
  • baccaretbaccaret Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    words wrote:

OOOOOOh I love that scene! Everyone is great in it. A

Bond classic!

a classic indeed!!!!!!