Missing GE Track

swissagentswissagent SwitzerlandPosts: 17MI6 Agent
Hello guys,

I`m looking for a track which is not on the GE soundtrack. When Bond jumpes out of the archive window there`s a nice little music, fundamentally the bond march with a fast piano and the song gets faster and lasts for the whole tank chase.
Does anybody know or have an idea where I could get this track ?

Greetings

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I think the music you mean is John Altman's music for the Tank Chase which was not included on the soundtrack CD. A rerecording was done by Nic Raine and the city of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. Look for the 4 disc set, 'The James Bond Collection'. You will find the rerecording on there.

James Bond Collection
  • swissagentswissagent SwitzerlandPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    Hi,

thanks, well the soundtrack you mentioned is not available in Switzerland, but I found the Track on the "Ultimate James Bond collection".
    Now I just have to wait for the CD, thanks for the quick support.

Greetings
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    Yeah; the re-recording's on that CD, but to be honest it doesn't work very well on its own. And perhaps it's the different recording, but the triangle part gives me a headache! :)
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Ugh! You're so right emtiem! Though I prefer A Pleasant Drive... by Serra, I always wanted to hear the Altman tune. The only good part is when he shoots the belt buckle and escapes the archives and when the tank bursts through the wall.

Other than that, it's a wretched and horrible tune. The Russian/Asian background doesn't do anything for me either and that triangle part drives me insane.

I would post my re-score of that scene on YouTube, using the Nightfire tune "Escape From Drake's Castle" which works very well with that scene. As does Serra's Pleasant Drive, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.