Anyone else had experience of CBN site?

ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
Had a rough ride myself today.. :o

Was wondering if anyone else had a similar time on the CBN site (oopps....yes I frequent other sites....but AJB is the best :007)

If so, please help me with my convalescence...{:)

Oh and Vesper, pass me anoother Martini.. -{

Comments

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    I am a member on CBN, but rarely post, and haven't done so in quite some time.

It's not bad, but it isn't my cup of tea, and find it confusing.

I used to post on a site called 'Bondmovies.com.' But I think that site has too many nonesense games on it now, and there seems to be a lack of authority. I returned to Bondmovies.com recently for the first time in quite a while, only to find out that I was eliminated first in a username contest! Now that annoyed me. I'm guessing that only happened because I hadn't posted in a while, but still, this is what I mean by lack of authority. Games that include actual members shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion. There was a similar elimination game about a year ago, inwhich, incidentally, I got quite far on, but that was when I was more of a regular poster there.

Apart from AJB, CBN, and Bondmovies, I don't think I am a member anywhere else.

And I am not just saying this, but I personally prefer AJB anyday over the other two. (Not that the other two are bad - Just that I love AJB.)

There is no shame in being a member of other Bond boards. Afterall, all Bond boards exist for a reason - to talk about Bond! :007)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    hey, thx for the info....

I agree entirely, boards like these should exist for the discussion of Bond-related items...

But after today, I'm not convinced that CBN is about that.

I thought I recalled reading on here somewhere, another poor soul who'd been duffed up by the CBN thugs...maybe I'm wrong...
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Why? What happened to you? You can PM me with the info if you want.

They were never MEAN to me per se, but I never felt that it was as cameraderous as AJB was. I felt like an outsider there, it seems that they already have their little "cliques" and you can't really fit in unless you've been there for awhile.

I'm not saying they're bad people, but that seems to be how the site works. And I agree with Jarvio, it is kind of confusing. :s
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent
    Well you were very antagonistic on there, calling people arrogant because they were a bit confused at what you were saying. And I haven't seen too many discussions on this board talking about academic theories of drama and the history of Western Capitalism. You were having a good discussion with some intelligent people. Yes, you're going to get people wanting to discuss on a different level wandering in, but that's what you'll get on a forum celebrating a blockbuster action movie character that appeals to kids! No need to get so het up or confrontational.
    nah....they weren't mean....honest...:#

Actally it was my fault...I got embroiled in a topic dear to my heart...Goldfinger..
    But I used too much aestehtic phillosophy and commas for some....

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index.php?showtopic=41288&st=0

I come in at post no 23, 2/3rds down...

by all means tell me i'm talking guff, or BS, or commatose....

I can take it...:s
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:

It rather shows that you can't, to be honest. It was hardly one-sided, was it? Even that little quip about using 'too much aestehtic phillosophy and commas for some' doesn't exactly show an open mind. Sorry; I'm not really convinced that it was all everyone else's fault. To come here and moan after you got an apology isn't exactly shaking hands and forgetting about it.
    And if you're going to complain about commas, you should probably learn to spell 'aesthetic' and 'Fleming'! ;)
    In the spirit you suggest, rather than get into a fight with you, I've sent you a PM.

I hope you understand.

Oh, I wasn't moaning...just wondered if others had had a similar experience.

What was so wrong with that?..
  • RoebuckRoebuck UKPosts: 25MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:

Actally it was my fault...I got embroiled in a topic dear to my heart...Goldfinger..

I don't think anybody was particularly hard on you, and you in the end you still managed to come over as a decent bloke (which is the important thing). I'm sure you're still welcome there any time you want to go back. Heck, they haven't kicked me off yet! :D

Goldfinger (novel) has two major kinks in the plotting; the difficulty in handling the volume of bullion involved and the fact that Goldfinger doesn't just kill Bond straight off the bat. Maibaum's script gets round both cleverly, but in neither book or film does 007 get to be much more than an interested observer of events. Despite that it's still my favourite Bond, largely due to the retro chic.
    Roebuck wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

I don't think anybody was particularly hard on you, and you in the end you still managed to come over as a decent bloke (which is the important thing).

Thx man....can I quote you?...;%

Yeah GF is over-analysed....I'm guilty today..

But the bullion thing is what really interests me, and my (boring) explanation of the significance of the gold reserve clearly didn't resonate with many, but a few bought the idea...

Cheers tho'..-{
    emtiem wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

It rather shows that you can't, to be honest. It was hardly one-sided, was it? Even that little quip about using 'too much aestehtic phillosophy and commas for some' doesn't exactly show an open mind. Sorry; I'm not really convinced that it was all everyone else's fault. To come here and moan after you got an apology isn't exactly shaking hands and forgetting about it.
    And if you're going to complain about commas, you should probably learn to spell 'aesthetic' and 'Fleming'! ;)

oh, two things...

think you're confusing aploogies.. Errniecurio apolosjized fore his manor...that was nothing to do with the "rumble" from The football factory guys...

hand secondly, i vant to apolojizee for my svelling wtch ain't upto the standard demanded ear...

once again tho' Mark...sorry if I caused you offense.

Cheers Paul
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Ok, it's one thing having an argument on AJB.

It's another continuing an argument that happened somewhere else.

Topic is closed - please row on your own time through PMs.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
This discussion has been closed.