Regretfully...

General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
edited May 2007 in Off Topic Chat
I must inform you all that someone I know fairly well, and have been on the (amateur) stage with, Emily Parr, is in the latest series of Big Brother in the UK. I use the word 'regretfully', because I don't, and have never liked the show, but now feel obliged to watch this series for as long as she appears on it!

A typical blonde ;), and sporting one of the most irritating voices I've yet come across (well, it was irritating considering I had to listen to her mumble lines from The Admirable Crichton repeatedly), she should be just the type to become immediately infamous. She's a few years younger than myself, but we still managed to get along well enough to have teabag-sucking competitions (I shouldn't admit that but, trust me, it's disgusting).

Oh dear, well if you can stand it, have a gander at the latest series of Big Brother every so often, and think to yourselves 'that girl there had the honour of being on stage with the General, once!' ;) :))

Comments

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    I'm not just saying this, but that Emily is just about the only one that DIDN'T annoy me. She seemed pretty down to earth compared to most of the others in there.

Big Brother is getting worse and worse.

I would seriously rather watch a house full of zoo animals.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    This year looks like it's even more terrible than before. I don't know how they find the most irritating people in the world and bring them all together. The twins spring to mind. Someone put them through the mangle asap. I'm dissapointed and ashamed I watched it rather than The apprentice.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    s96024 wrote:
    This year looks like it's even more terrible than before. I don't know how they find the most irritating people in the world and bring them all together. The twins spring to mind. Someone put them through the mangle asap. I'm dissapointed and ashamed I watched it rather than The apprentice.

Couldn't agree more.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    The only decent one seems to be the Banker woman (the blonde one, infact the HOT one!!)

What's her name?
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    mmm...looks like (based on a sample set of ONE!) that your worst fears General, are about to be met...

Emily could even win it (according to my 20 yr old daughter..I of course, I never watch it...;%

On a different tack tho' has anyone seen the latest dutch version of BB?..

A dying woman has to be helped to decide (by the tv-watching audience) which of three people should receive her kidneys once she has passed away.

as the bellboy once said to George Best, "where did it all go wrong"...:o
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Quite right, and I too thought the woman with pink hair was a man. Just awful!

Here's a picture of Emily at the dress rehearsal (this was almost exactly two years ago).
    [img=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/Ourumov/Parr.jpg]It seems the show's organisers are intent on putting together people who will ultimately hate eachother and create riffs in the group, simply for the sake of obtaining higher ratings. If you think about it though, it's just like most other shows - finding a formula which works and then milking it to death. In all honesty I'm still in deep shock to see her on there. I had absolutely no idea! Best of luck to her - and I hope she doesn't give up her education, and milks the opportunity for all it's worth! I could probably sell some stories I could tell about her. :)) ;)[/img]
    The only decent one seems to be the Banker woman (the blonde one, infact the HOT one!!)

What's her name?

she's called..chanelle..like the smell..

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/housemates/profile.jsp?id=502

btw...this is what they said about our Emily..

Emily

Is about to take over the world. Could read at two, gives herself 10 out of 10 for intelligence and wants to run her own magazine or fashion label. She’s 19, right wing and woe betide any work dodgers – she can’t stand benefit cheats. Yikes

gotta be honest, she makes my brother bigger...:o

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/housemates/profile.jsp?id=504

and the kidney show..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/arts/theshallowend/200705/s1937408.htm
    edited May 2007
    ke02eww wrote:

Yes, that's her!

And General, I suspect you'll be glued watching this for Emily. :))
    Quite right, and I too thought the woman with pink hair was a man. Just awful!

Here's a picture of Emily at the dress rehearsal (this was almost exactly two years ago).
    ;)" alt=") ;)" />

OMG...look at the transfomation...

emily_265x145.jpg

cute ot what?...
    ke02eww wrote:

Yes, that's her!

And General, I suspect you'll be glued watching this for Emily. :))

so..what precisely did you like about Channelle?..:D

This is what the tabloids said abt her...

Chanelle

Needs help. She is a possible Victoria Beckham stalker who wants to move to Madrid, then LA just like Posh, copies her idol’s hairstyles and can’t bear that floozy Rebecca Loos. The 19-year-old A-level student is pretty content with her personality but holds a grudge. Victoria best not change her barnet while she’s in the house…
    ke02eww wrote:

Probably her looks! :D

Other than that, the show is utter garbage.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,714MI6 Agent
    I must inform you all that someone I know fairly well, and have been on the (amateur) stage with, Emily Parr, is in the latest series of Big Brother in the UK. I use the word 'regretfully', because I don't, and have never liked the show, but now feel obliged to watch this series for as long as she appears on it!

Bizarrely I've two such experiences already this year, with a client appearing on Castaway and an old College mate popping up on The Apprentice! Then it turns out that another friend also has a college mate fighting for Sir Alan's job, although I hear his is still in the race, whereas mine fell at the second hurdle! :)
    ke02eww wrote:

Probably her looks! :D

Other than that, the show is utter garbage.

totally...{[]

so what other topic do you suggest I try to engage my 20yr old with?...

UK interest rates?..:s
    emtiem wrote:
    Bizarrely I've two such experiences already this year, with a client appearing on Castaway and an old College mate popping up on The Apprentice! Then it turns out that another friend also has a college mate fighting for Sir Alan's job, although I hear his is still in the race, whereas mine fell at the second hurdle! :)

It's been a strange year for me too, with the girl I'm currently seeing one step away from a record deal, and another friend of mine doing extremely well on the road to being a television presenter.
    I've got to catch them all up with my theatre/acting career, and fast!

Seeing Emily on Big Brother though was a complete shock, which probably won't really sink in for a while. It's rather surreal really. Still, shame it wasn't a better show! ;)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,280MI6 Agent
    "Team Emily" my ar$e! :D

Don't tell me you're a student at that godforsaken hell hole Bristol University, General? :#
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    i watched some of the celebrity version earlier this year and thought it was quite good but have never before ventured to watch the normal version. I suppose it can't be that bad, as it is on like the 8th series now or whatever. But I think its viewers must largely come from the younger generation as I have not yet encountered anyone over 25 who has been interested by it. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. I'm going to give it a bit of a go this year. :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
    "Team Emily" my ar$e! :D

Don't tell me you're a student at that godforsaken hell hole Bristol University, General? :#

No, Sir!
    Speaking here is a graduate of the far superior Bath Spa University. ;)

The papers are having a field day with stories about Emily, including a very good friend of mine who put stories in the Evening Post and yesterday's Daily Mirror about her. While I wouldn't have done that myself, I can vouch for their authenticity and must admit I found them all rather funny.

"Emily has £4,000 teeth! If only they'd done a proper job and wired her gob shut!" :))
    ....the girl is history!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    ....the girl is history!

I suspect she will be out first ... I haven't seen too much of this years BB so far but from what I have seen of Emily she doesn't seem to have endeared herself to the public.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    I've not been (and won't be) watching BB this year at all, but she's been saved from the public vote...by being removed for being a racist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6729673.stm
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I've not been (and won't be) watching BB this year at all, but she's been saved from the public vote...by being removed for being a racist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6729673.stm

:o .... dont they ever learn 8-)
    Not for 'being a racist'- for using a racist term. She thought she was being friendly, but reading the transcript it seems hugely misguided at best.
    Ha! Ha! First laugh of the day....

So that's her idea of being friendly, using the n word. I suppose with Bristol's fine upstanding tradition regards slavery, this shouldn't come as a surprise :))

And she's a fan of the Conservative Party. Poor old Dave, who'd have his job?

BTW General, is teabagging that you and Emily engagned with, it's that a sexual term? :o

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited June 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    Not for 'being a racist'
    Not that I ever need you to correct me in your usual condascending manner - but then you're often on hand to correct everyone - when I posted the link the only 2 paragraphs of "breaking news" cited racial abuse, not for using a racist term.

But the BBC has now corrected its report, no doubt after your advice.
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited June 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    Not for 'being a racist'
    Not that I ever need you to correct me in your usual condascending manner - but then you're often on hand to correct everyone - when I posted the link the only 2 paragraphs of "breaking news" cited racial abuse, not for using a racist term.

But the BBC has now corrected its report, no doubt after your advice.

Talk about over the top- all I did was actually read about the story before throwing inflammatory insults around. When I read it about it the BBC story was only two paragraphs too; but I managed not to read between the imaginary lines and add things that weren't there.

If you read what I posted with a condescending tone of voice in your head that was your choice- not mine. I was just pointing out that she wasn't being 'a racist'. How else should I phrase it?
    edited June 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    When I read it about it the BBC story was only two paragraphs too; but I managed not to read between the imaginary lines and add things that weren't there.
    I'm glad your so perfect. Without the term, the scenario in which she used it, who she used it against, whether it was in a fight or not, the context in which it was said - none of which was in the report I read - I decided to take the BBC's word for it and it was "racial abuse". But hey, we can't all interperet such non-existant information so accurately.

You must be used to the responses you get on here from so many. Do you ever re-read your posts and wonder why so many people react like that? The odds would say that perhaps your general tone is a bit "off". Perhaps phrase it like "Well it turns out she meant it as a joke and no one took any offence" or something less finger pointing and direct.
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited June 2007
    If you want to argue, do it on PM. Then you can call me some sweary names, as per usual. You're ruining the thread.

And there are other news services apart from the BBC, you know.
    emtiem wrote:
    If you want to argue, do it on PM. Then you can call me some sweary names, as per usual. You're ruining the thread.

And there are other news services apart from the BBC, you know.
    Don't tell me what to do and where, emtiem. If you haven't noticed, you're not wearing a moderators badge.

There's no sweary names on this thread.

So in future I'll be sure to scour all news sources and post a variety of links for your perusal so as everyone can base a complete picture. Once again, can you not see how condascending you're being?
    unitedkingdom.png
    I think you'll find it's spelt condescending...

:)) Sorry, M5, it's been over a year, and I couldn't resist!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    There's no sweary names on this thread.

Yes, I know- I meant in the PM, which is where you reserve your sweary abuse for.
    So in future I'll be sure to scour all news sources and post a variety of links for your perusal so as everyone can base a complete picture. Once again, can you not see how condascending you're being?

Yes I am, purposefully now, because you're being insulting, sarcastic and aggressive. Get what you give. You're very angry for some reason, I suggest leaving the forum alone for a while and cooling down. Just for a bit of perspective; you're picking a fight with me about Big Brother. Does that not seem a bit silly and pointless?

What are the chances that if I had posted exactly the phrase you suggested, you would have read it as me being condascending anyway? Because, I suggest, that you've long made up your mind about what I post before I post it. I meant nothing aggressive or dismissive towards you- I just happen to be at work and posted quickly; whatever you chose to read into it is, quite frankly, your problem (and yes, I am being purposfully short in that choice of phrase because you haven't given me much reason to be fond of you today).