Your Favorite Bond/Personality Analization

This is the sister post to the Your Favorite GBS/Personality Analization.

As we all known, and is subject to debate as well, all of the Bond actors (ie Connery Lazenby Moore Dalton Brasnon and now Criag) all bring different traits to the charactor of Bond. The actors in a whole bring all the traits of Bond togather but we have to gather them from all of them not just one, ie Connery's ruthlessness, Lazenby's romanticness, Moore's sense humor in danger, Dalton's humanity, Brasnon's sophistication, and Craig's down right cruelness. Combine all of these and I believe you get the picture perfect Bond that we see, or atleast I see, from the books.

Now we all have our favorite Bonds according to the actor, but as stated in the Your Favorite GBS/Personality Analization, our favorites also tend to match our own personality as well. This post might be better titled "Which Bond are you more like", but thats not exactly the question I am posing. So again allow me to start off.

My favorite Bond would have to be Sean Connery. He is the one and only, the alpha and omega. The perfect blend of romanticism and cruelty, sophistication and down and dirty. Intelligent, yet ruthless and carefree in his actions.

Again I am taking observation from friends on my personality traits. I can be romantic, but from what I have gathered from ex-es I am also detached in the relationship. I feel we can see this in Connery relations with the Bond girls. He is romantic but its also like he is not completely commited to the idea, like his mind is on other things, ie the mission. I am ruthless and cruel when I am in pursuit of a goal, carefree in the consequences of my actions. I do not feel remorse for the ones that get hurt, though I am not directly involved with it, it is because of my actions that the pain occured. I believe we also see this in Connery's films. When some close to Bond dies, or is killed in result to his actions, he doesn't appear to give a second thought about it. I am also told that I am one of those people who are to smart for my own good. Also looking for a way around something, or trying to hard to make something simiplier than it reall should be, and in effect getting into trouble for it (striaght from my DS and PS mouth). This I also see in Connery's films. He tends to overthink the situation which in turn puts in eyebrow deep in trouble, always getting captured, but inturn always getting away, and accomplishing the mission.

Yes these are some deep things to dwell one, but again I thought it would add a nice twist to the old debate to who is whos favorite Bond and why. Please post your own.

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Quite an interesting post this!

But anyhow.........

My favourite is Timothy Dalton. Very original & no-nonsense. OK, License To Kill wasn't the best film but he sure hell did make it seem worth watching strangely enough.

So yes, gotta hand it to Dalton. B-) -{
  • Slyguy3129Slyguy3129 Posts: 58MI6 Agent
    I enjoyed the humanity that Dalton's Bond brought to the charactor. Until his tenur as Bond we had never seen Bond hurt other than physically. He had never made mistakes and was verging on more of a super hero/human rather than just a man. I believe that without Dalton's Bond we could not have the level of humanity that we now see in Craig's Bond. It was a very important step in the evolution in the charactor. I would have very much enjoyed seeing Dalton in another film, not neccesarily in Goldeneye.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    An interesting type of self-analysis ... but I think what I admire about the cinematic Bond is that he embodies "cool" in a way I can never hope to achieve.

I am more sympathetic with the literary oo7, who is smart, but stumbles around - gets beat up, then somehow manages to survive it all ...till next time.
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    I'm not so certain about this personality analysis, as I enjoy the differences of the Bond actors. The first Bond movie I saw was Octopussy, therefore Roger Moore quickly became my favorite Bond. I rather enjoyed his class, cool and suave personality, and his films are a load of fun too. As I grew older, though, I started to show more loyal to Connery, as his portrayal is just too good not to be considered best. He was tough, arrogant and just so damn cool.

I really enjoy Lazenby's and Dalton's respective portrayals, but I don't think they had enough of a chance to merit serious personality studies.