My cover of the James Bond theme

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
edited October 2018 in James Bond Music
I covered the James Bond theme!

Recorded my own version of it, a few weeks ago. I play the guitars, and the drum beat is from a drum machine.

If anyone fancies hearing it, it's on this link -
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• TOOTSTOOTS Posts: 114MI6 Agent
    Fantastic cover!
    Brilliant songs!
    Excellent stuff,
    Everyone should go to http://www.myspace.com/davejarvisacousticinstrumentals

I think you could write a James Bond theme song.
    Perhaps you could put lyrics to the James Bond Theme by Monty Norman
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated! :D

Anyone else?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• SurrieSurrie Surrey, UKPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Of all the covers I have herd I think yours is the best. Moby made an absolute hash of the James Bond theme when he covered it.

You are very talented!

I have added you on Myspace, thumbs up to your other work aswell!
    What counts is what the heroine provokes, or rather what she represents. She is the one, or rather the love or fear she inspires in the hero , or else the concern he feels for her, who makes him act the way he does.

Author of 'Pussy Galore - A Representation of Women in James Bond Films'.
    Active tweeter and tumbler - https://twitter.com/surrie_fullard
    Hey thanks a lot :) It means a lot

I will accept your friend request as soon as myspace lets me log in. It's being a bit of a pain at the moment

• A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Very nice, plenty of strings, quite relaxing actually !
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Bravo Jarvio! That is probably one of the best covers of the James Bond theme I've ever heard! Next you should do an AVTAK instrumental and mix in the soundclip "Welcome sir, I'm Jenny Flex" every few times. ;)

Well, the soundclip isn't necessary, but definitely an AVTAK Remix/Cover is in order someday!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    So that's what you look like, Jarvio...

Not bad, does show up the main verse as a tad repetitive however. I prefer the chorus which sort of improvises more and doesn't have to replicate every note exactly. I'd rather the main verse was like that, more laid back.

Certainly better suited to Craig's Bond than Brosnan's.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Next you should do an AVTAK instrumental

Interesting idea, I have a book that tells you how to play the Bond songs somewhere, so could probably do that someday, would be cool

So that's what you look like, Jarvio...

Not bad, does show up the main verse as a tad repetitive however. I prefer the chorus which sort of improvises more and doesn't have to replicate every note exactly. I'd rather the main verse was like that, more laid back.

Certainly better suited to Craig's Bond than Brosnan's.

Yeah I know what you mean about it being a tad repetitive at times. I agree that it suits Craig's Bond more than Brosnan's. That's something I see as a good thing. Thanks for the feedback.

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    wow nice job! I agree that it fits Craig better than Brosnan. {[]

I've also friended you!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • J007SPYJ007SPY Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Not bad :) Ickle bit Bontempi. But I like it that way :)