Blofeld Coat of Arms OHMSS

Back in April 2007, I found this site when I was googling trying to find out what "Arae et Foci" meant on this large fiberglass coat of arms (that I had thought to be military & naval) that I bought many years ago and have hanging in my den. As I was trying to identify the naval ship that it may have come from. Bought it in early 1990's in Orange County, Los Angeles.

Your messages seem to indicate that it was from OHMSS, so I found the video, and saw the twin of my shield in the movie...three times...at the chalet reception entrance desk wall, when Bond arrives with old lady/girls leave with old lady and the second shield was on wall of stairs landing after Bond photos girls at map.

What can you tell me about what I have???? I remember reading someone said crest was designed by Syd Cain and one of these "crests" may have been sold in auction in 2001. When, where, and what auction house or sale catalogue can I go searching for to find what I have? and what was its estimated opening price range? My crest is fiberglass about 36" by 44 inches and about 2inches in depth...which appears to be about the same size as two I saw in movie. I have made pictures of my "arae et foci" crest and will try to upload them to this site to see when can get time to find disk.

Someone mentioned about trying to do a rubbing of the described crest, but there seems to be too much depth of detail, on mine, especially on the two eagles to get much of a good copy from.

Thanks for any help you can find on what I have. I was lead to believe it was a military item, but now it doen't seem like it belongs with my other collection pieces.

Comments

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    I remember your question bk in April (esp the "turdy" fibreglass...;%

...I believe I replied wv pics from my visit to piz gloria...

I'd be very interested if you wanted it valued...but i'd need to see it first....a simple pic by email paulwynn86@hotmail.co.uk

without it, i'm afraid i've no idea...turdy or not...

8-)

cheers
  • mpls8mpls8 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the reply. I have never been on one of these discusion web sites till I signed up when I found this one.So I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this site, find things, or upload pictures. I was in a hurry that day and did not check my spelling first. I meant "Sturdy fiberglass construction" rather than the crest being a cheap, mass produced knock off item. I have found the photo disk with front and back and closeup details of my "crest" but this computer I am on for a few minutes today does not have a slot to slide disk into. Sunday I finally found a slide that I took of the crest after I bought it and did a furniture inventory. It was dated 1992, and still shows the crest in its original colors. I am out today trying to find a place to print or scan/CD that slide so I can post or email it.

Having seen now the OHMSS VHS tape, it does confirm my crest is just like the two in the film and the correct size and colors.....but as I would be uploading pictures of "what is It?" , there would probably not be that copyright problem that was mentioned somewhere on this web page. Thanks...John Autore