MR KISS-KISS, BANG BANG

DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE DIONNE WARWICK SONG MR KISS KISS BANG BANG WAS RELEASED AS A SINGLE AT ANY TIME , ON ANY SINGLE VINYL FORMAT, THANKS.

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Warwick's actual song was never released that way, only cover versions.
  • Double-oh nineDouble-oh nine USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Maybe in Europe? I've never seen one stateside but it's possible.There's a version of Ms Warwick singing,KKBB on Youtube.Supposedly a previously unreleased,Euro version of the Thunderball title sequence,it comes off beautifully,a real 007,theme music delight!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    Maybe in Europe? I've never seen one stateside but it's possible.There's a version of Ms Warwick singing,KKBB on Youtube.Supposedly a previously unreleased,Euro version of the Thunderball title sequence,it comes off beautifully,a real 007,theme music delight!

I haven't seen the YouTube clip, but on the TB DVD it's possible to get MKKBB sung over the titles using one of the commentary tracks.
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I have a "Best of Bond" CD I bought at Barnes & Noble which features both versions of the song sung by Warwick, and Bassey. It also has a cool jazzy version of Goldfinger sung by some guy whos name escapes me at moment.
  • Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    I have a "Best of Bond" CD I bought at Barnes & Noble which features both versions of the song sung by Warwick, and Bassey. It also has a cool jazzy version of Goldfinger sung by some guy whos name escapes me at moment.

This is the Best of Bond 30th anniversary CD released in 1992. The original Warwick and Bassey versions had no vinyl releases ever, neither was released the Ann Margret cover version planned by United Artists for the US promo.

The only english released song was done by Buddy Greco in 1965 on Columbia single DB 7790.

That's Anthony Newley, who with Leslie Bricusse wrote the song's lyric.
  • leongpcleongpc Posts: 38MI6 Agent
    the album also had another version of you only live twice which is quite haunting too.
    leongpc wrote:
    the album also had another version of you only live twice which is quite haunting too.

This is by John Barry (music) and Leslie Bricusse (lyrics), sung by Julie Rogers. It's identified on the sleeve notes as a demo although this is denied by Rogers, then a successful artiste; given that Barry was conducting a 60-piece orchestra it can be taken that this was a first attempt rather than a demo (confirmed by Bricusse).
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    IMO Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is the best Bond song of all time. The lyrics are great and the singing by both Bassey and Warwick is exceptional. I have always thought an updated version should be used in a present day Bond flick.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    IMO Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is the best Bond song of all time.
    Yes, yes, and yes. The song works as a bombastic title number, a romantic piece (Bond and Domino dancing), a calypso suspense number (Fiona's death) and many other formats. Never been topped by Barry, IMO.
    Hilly...you old devil!