GoldenEye rating

I was at a video shop the other day and i saw a video copy of GE and when i looked at it it said it was rated pg-13, but the dvd says its rated pg, but on the dvd disc itself it says rated pg-13?!?!? What the heck is up with that? Does anybody know what thats all about, please help.

Comments

• Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    I was at a video shop the other day and i saw a video copy of GE and when i looked at it it said it was rated pg-13, but the dvd says its rated pg, but on the dvd disc itself it says rated pg-13?!?!? What the heck is up with that? Does anybody know what thats all about, please help.

Somebody at MGM/UA obviously made a mistake when the copy for the GoldenEye DVD case was written,and it slipped past their editor.

The DVD itself is definitely rated "PG-13".That's the same rating the motion picture carried when it played in theatres in the United States.

Hope this helps.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    edited June 2007
    Although it is not really an answer to your question - I find a similar thing in South Africa. The cover art is customised for sale in South Africa - most notably the use of the south african's board of censor's logo (a blue and white triangle design). However, the discs are sometimes labelled identically to the UK release (with bbfc logo and certificate, which can vary), hence sometimes there can be a discrepancy between the rating on the packaging, and that on the disc. For instance, the 12 and 15 certificates are not used in South Africa. Instead films are rated either A, PG, 10, 13, 16 or 18. So a DVD might say 16 on the box, but the disc has it as a 15, because it bears the British certificate logo.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Isn't PG-13 just the updated version of PG?
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:

Almost. They are two different levels of certification.

I know in Australia, GoldenEye is rated PG (open to everybody) whereas the other Brosnans are rated M (mature - but open to everybody)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:

Kind of. PG means parental guidance suggested. The PG label is given to movies with no violence or nudity, but does have some harsh language.

PG-13 means no one under 13 will be admitted with out a parent. Basically the movie can have mild violence and minimal nudity. anything more than that it usually will get the R rating.

Hope this helps.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope