Mistake in TMWTGG?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
After just re-watching TMWTGG, I noticed something that may have been a mistake.

At the end of the film, when Bond pretends to be the still model of himself, he's wearing his suit. However, just before this, he is only wearing a shirt and a tie.

Is this a mistake?

True, Bond could have taken the suit off the model, but still, I'm not convinced. What's your thoughts?
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I'm sure there are some here who will say TMWTGG is one big mistake...

As for the sudden appearance of the jacket? I always assumed he took it off the dummy. Otherwise Scaramanga would have noticed the difference immediately. It was his toy, after all.
  • rennervisionrennervision Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Here's the mistakes I've noticed:

(1) I can see the "dummy" James Bond moving in the PTS.

(2) Bond travels to the Middle East, accidentally swallows a golden bullet in the middle of a fight, heads to a pharmacy, has a private moment in a bathroom which I don't want to think about, then has Q Branch analyze the bullet. Ummm... James - Miss Anders already sent you a bullet. You could have had Q test that one!!!

(3) Once Goodnight recovers the Solex, the movie is essentially over. There's no contract out on Bond, so Scaramanga is irrelevant. However - she inexplicably sneaks up on Scaramanga's car only to be discovered and locked in the trunk. And so the story continues...

And I'm not sure if it's a mistake, but M knows the phone number to Scaramanga's boat??? You would think that might've come in handy at some point prior to the end of the movie.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Here's the mistakes I've noticed:

(1) I can see the "dummy" James Bond moving in the PTS.

(2) Bond travels to the Middle East, accidentally swallows a golden bullet in the middle of a fight, heads to a pharmacy, has a private moment in a bathroom which I don't want to think about, then has Q Branch analyze the bullet. Ummm... James - Miss Anders already sent you a bullet. You could have had Q test that one!!!

(3) Once Goodnight recovers the Solex, the movie is essentially over. There's no contract out on Bond, so Scaramanga is irrelevant. However - she inexplicably sneaks up on Scaramanga's car only to be discovered and locked in the trunk. And so the story continues...

And I'm not sure if it's a mistake, but M knows the phone number to Scaramanga's boat??? You would think that might've come in handy at some point prior to the end of the movie.

Well, for number 3, they have to go after Scaramanga because he has Goodnight who has the solex, so in other words, Scaramanga basically has the solex again.

As for the boat, that's a very good point. I think it must be a mistake.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• rennervisionrennervision Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Jarvio wrote:
    Well, for number 3, they have to go after Scaramanga because he has Goodnight who has the solex, so in other words, Scaramanga basically has the solex again.

Exactly - but why was Goodnight snooping around Scaramanga's car when she had the Solex? A bunch of agents essentially pulled off a clever heist to retrieve the Solex from Scaramanga and accomplished their mission. The end. Roll credits. :) But no, Goodnight goes BACK to Scaramanga's car to hide a tracking device for some reason and gets herself captured!
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

Exactly - but why was Goodnight snooping around Scaramanga's car when she had the Solex? A bunch of agents essentially pulled off a clever heist to retrieve the Solex from Scaramanga and accomplished their mission. The end. Roll credits. :) But no, Goodnight goes BACK to Scaramanga's car to hide a tracking device for some reason and gets herself captured!

Well, this is the woman that allowed Bond to shove her in the closet while he had sex with another woman...and then forgave him. She's clearly not the brightest.
    edited June 2007
    Here's some other things I thought of...

Why does Scaramanga bother with the solex anyway? He's already rich - a million a shot right?

Also, why don't the Chinese track Scaramanga down? He betrayed them, and is a resident in Chinese waters, so why don't the Chinese actually do anything about it?

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Also, why don't the Chinese track Scaramanga down? He betrayed them, and is a resident in Chinese waters, so why don't the Chinese actually do anything about it?

How did Scaramanga betray the Chinese? I think you are thinking of Dr. No.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Well by that I meant the shooting of Hai Fat