Villains - What actors do you want?

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I'm going to kill you one day. :))
  • tributemantributeman Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    I agree that Judy Dench is awful as M.Anthony Hopkins would be great.As for a villain I think Daniel Day Lewis would be top of my list.he frightened the hell out of me in Gangs of New York.PS I also think he would be a brilliant Bond.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    tributeman wrote:
    I think Daniel Day Lewis would be top of my list.he frightened the hell out of me in Gangs of New York.
    I think that Day-Lewis would make a fantastic villain. {[] However, he isn't particularly prolific and I doubt he would be interested in making a Bond film, even if he was given the opportunity. :# Nonetheless it's a great choice. {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • tributemantributeman Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    You may be right Dan about him steering clear of Bond but you never can tell!!;)
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Day-Lewis seems to only accept roles that challenge him on a physical and emotional level. That limits him to drama and seems to rule out anything that is purely entertainment-driven. I remember him being interviewed at around the time of My Left Foot and being asked about playing Bond. He said "Never say never." So you never know. Now that he's 50-years-old he would make a great villain. I doubt he'd do it though. I suspect we'll have to make do with There Will be Blood.
    John Drake wrote:
    I suspect we'll have to make do with There Will be Blood.
    This is kind of off topic (well, completely off topic ;)) but I think that There Will be Blood would make a great title for a Bond film. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    I think the most formidable villian Bond could face would be Hyacinth Bucket ( pronounced Boo-Kay)!

After all, according to DC they are planning on adding more humor to the films. I think there is an unexplored "dark side" to Mrs. Bucket.

Her name has a Fleming-like quality.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Seriously, Gary Oldman is overdue for being a Bond villian. He'd make a great, younger version of Bloefeld.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited July 2007
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Seriously, Gary Oldman is overdue for being a Bond villian. He'd make a great, younger version of Bloefeld.

Amen to that!! I've been a fan of Oldman's forever. He'd be great as a Bond villain B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff
    RogueAgent wrote:

Amen to that!! I've been a fan of Oldman's forever. He'd be great as a Bond villain B-)

Supported. Oldman would be fantastic, given the right script.
    edited August 2007
    Barbel wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Supported. Oldman would be fantastic, given the right script.
    Can I join in with those supporting Oldman as a villain? :D I think that, provided that (unlike Robert Carlyle) he be given something to do, Oldman would make a great villain. {[]
  • armourerarmourer United KingdomPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    Personally, my vote as Blofeld or as a non Blofeld villain would be for a great British actor named Simon Russell Beale, he's probably unknown outside Britain but he's an award-winning major actor with a beautiful voice and a Fleming villain appearance. Look him up on imdb or if you ever get chance to see the BBC series Dunkirk where he plays Churchill (kind of looks like Winston, but nailed Churchill's character exactly). He'd be a perfect fit with Craig as a powerful theatre-trained actor.

Or Stewie from Family Guy B-)
    I was recently thinking (please, no jokes ;)) and, I know it's a little left field, but what about Christopher Lambert for a villain? It could be very interesting. ;)
    Dan Same wrote:
    I was recently thinking (please, no jokes ;))

Aw, go on, just one please :)?
    Dan Same wrote:
    I was recently thinking (please, no jokes ;)) and, I know it's a little left field, but what about Christopher Lambert for a villain? It could be very interesting. ;)

{[] I'd love to see Lambert in a Bond film. Maybe as a jaded hitman or something. As for Gary Oldman, he's played so many villains, I really don't think we'd be getting new from him.
    Barbel wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    :)) Yes, you may make one joke. :D
    edited August 2007
    Dan Same wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    :)) Yes, you may make one joke. :D

I was recently thinking- thinking is my third favourite activity since I do it 29.3% of the time. It comes just after watching Bond movies, although it comes before watching TLD or LTK. Watching Bond movies is my second favourite activity, which occupies 34.7% of my leisure hours. :D.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    quote]

{[] I'd love to see Lambert in a Bond film. Maybe as a jaded hitman or something. As for Gary Oldman, he's played so many villains, I really don't think we'd be getting new from him.[/quote]

Interesting idea. CR casted from the arthouse and quality actor segment, perhaps Bond 22 should cast from typical straight-to-video-type actors?
    ?:)
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I agree with those who said Gary Oldman.

In my opinion (and I know many of you will disagree), we haven't had a good Bond villain since Sanchez from LTK.

Alec Trevelyan was ok. But I miss those over the top villains, like Sanchez, Zorin, Drax etc. Whatever happened to villains like that?

To me, the Pierce Brosnan era villains, and also the villains from CR, have all been unmemorable. Even Alec Trevelyan, and Le Chiffre, who were both ok, but nothing amazing by all means.

Elliot Carver WAS over the top - but IMO it went terribly wrong. Renard WAS over the top - but he wasn't given enough to do and seemed like a waste of a good actor. Graves WAS over the top - but about as menacing as a dead seahorse. Elektra King was ok, and it was a good idea to use a female villain. But for me, something was missing, not sure what.

I think Gary Oldman would make a marvelous villain and would be something quite memorable, hopefully reminiscent of a Scaramanga/Drax/Zorin/Sanchez type villain.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    John Drake wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    {[] I'd love to see Lambert in a Bond film. Maybe as a jaded hitman or something. As for Gary Oldman, he's played so many villains, I really don't think we'd be getting new from him.
    Indeed. I really think that Lambert would be wonderful. Regarding Oldman, you're probably right that he can't give anything new, but if he's motivated and if the script is good enough, I think he could be a fine choice.
  • jamesfanjamesfan Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    Hi there.I would like to see OJ Simpson or Paris Hilton.Thanks !!!
    jamesfan wrote:
    Hi there.I would like to see OJ Simpson or Paris Hilton.Thanks !!!

I think OJ might be a little busy. :))
  • jamesfanjamesfan Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    Mr. Bean ?
  • AngryPolarBearAngryPolarBear Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Gary Oldman is one of the most versatile actors out there, off course he would make a great villain. I would like to see actors who can be really menacing in their portrayals, such as Oldman and Bale, but I do prefer someone without a well known face.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I was thinking about this. . .if the villain does, as rumored, turn out to be the Algerian boyfriend of Vesper, then a good choice would be Alexander Siddig, nee Siddig al Fadil. He's most famous for playing Dr. Bashir on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but he's lately put in good performances as the modernizing prince in Syriana and as the reformed terrorist leader on the past season of 24. Plus, he's got a great voice that could do justice to one of those "I-have-you-now-Mr.-Bond-now-here's-my-plan" speeches.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I was thinking about this. . .if the villain does, as rumored, turn out to be the Algerian boyfriend of Vesper, then a good choice would be Alexander Siddig, nee Siddig al Fadil. He's most famous for playing Dr. Bashir on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but he's lately put in good performances as the modernizing prince in Syriana and as the reformed terrorist leader on the past season of 24. Plus, he's got a great voice that could do justice to one of those "I-have-you-now-Mr.-Bond-now-here's-my-plan" speeches.

And he's had a bit of practice- did you see the "Our Man Bashir" episode of DS9, which presented a passable parody of Bond plots/people?
    Siddig was excellent in 24. I thought they killed his character off far too soon.
  • AngryPolarBearAngryPolarBear Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    His character in 24 wasn't that good. He did a nice portrayal and he looks kinda menacing, but he felt like a Marwan rip-off from season 4 and his motives weren't interesting at all.
    His character in 24 wasn't that good. He did a nice portrayal and he looks kinda menacing, but he felt like a Marwan rip-off from season 4 and his motives weren't interesting at all.

I thought he was one of the better characters from what was easily the worst season of 24. I would disagree that his motives weren't interesting. He was a terrorist who thought violence was no longer the answer and wanted to prevent more bloodshed. Siddig is a very fine actor. The first thing I saw him in was A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia in which he played Prince Feisal opposite Ralph Fiennes as T.E. Lawrence. He would be a real asset to Bond 22.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Anthony Hopkins...he'd sadistically cool villian, IMHO...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com