Rainbow

A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
Relevant if u were a kid in the 70's in the UK or a parent

Rainbow the kids TV programme, it was all innocent back then, check this out now !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXIQSH-M_kQ&mode=related&search=

Comments

• John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))

Poor George and his tiny twanger. How on earth did they get that past Mary Whitehouse? It's not exactly subtle. "1 skin, 2 skin, 3 skin, 4-" :)) I wouldn't mind playing with Jane's Maracas myself though.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Oh God that is dreadful. :)) Yes. Definitely the worst innuendos ever. :))
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    edited July 2007
    That was hilarious. Not being a Brit, though, someone has to fill me in--is this legit? It looks more like a parody of a kids' show. . .or perhaps this was the cast goofing around on a private video that was never meant to be seen by the public?

Interesting that the "comments" section has been disabled by YouTube. What on earth could people have been writing?

. . .And speaking of private videos, here's a seldom-seen side of Porky Pig, in a bit of animation that was created especially by the Warner Bros. animation team to run at the end of a blooper reel seen only by the company:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M8Q4IxITJZ4
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    That was hilarious. Not being a Brit, though, someone has to fill me in--is this legit? It looks more like a parody of a kids' show. . .or perhaps this was the cast goofing around on a private video that was never meant to be seen by the public?

I've searched for info on this and apparently it was done as a private joke, for the benefit of cast and crew and others at the company. I do wish they had 'accidentally' aired it though. I wonder how many parents would have noticed. :))
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    That was hilarious. Not being a Brit, though, someone has to fill me in--is this legit? It looks more like a parody of a kids' show.

It was the actual cast proper cast - and it was done internally for christmas party - but not be aired - but was shown on a late night TV prog in '97 and was stated that it was the Pilot.

Anyhow, the real actual show in the 70's and 80's was more or less the same tone !
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Lots of the childrens programs were like this. I was watching some danger mouse recently which was my favourite cartoon as a kid and as an adult you now clock onto all the adult jokes which were slipped in.
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    s96024 wrote:
    Lots of the childrens programs were like this. I was watching some danger mouse recently which was my favourite cartoon as a kid and as an adult you now clock onto all the adult jokes which were slipped in.
    You are absolutely right. I was a huge fan of ThunderCats and He-Man when I was young. Recently I bought the former on DVD and there are a few instances where the writers were quite clearly having a laugh ('We were all watching Tigra shower'). I did watch Rainbow when I was very young and similarly did not get the adult bits, although at least they were not as obvious as the link above!