In or Out of The Box???

Hello fellow Bond Collectors:
Since am getting my SlideShow figures into my collection, here is a question for all of you. Do you keep your bond toys, figures, cars, etc, inside the box they came or you take them out? If you take them out, do you save the box?
Comment as much as you want!!!!
007DB5

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I take them out of the box and pose them. I save the boxes, both for storage--I tend to move a lot--and because figures are always worth more if they come with the box. Of course, if you plan to sell yours, then it's always best to keep them mint in box.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    With the exception of Jaws and Q, I think the majority of Sideshow figures have been so over-produced and so many purchased expressly for later resale to collectors through platforms like eBay that it will be decades--if ever--that any are really worth anything. Given that, I see no harm in removing them from the boxes for display. Like the other poster, though, I would recommend keeping the packaging.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Like the other poster, though, I would recommend keeping the packaging.

I guess, should I retire and someone else take on the "Hardyboy" monicker, that person could always say, "This never happened to the other poster!"
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    I've taken mine out of the box, but have kept my boxes for storage and other purposes. The boxes are actually well done, especially with the film posters on the front.

Poorman's JB, you can add Oddjob and Goldfinger Connery to the rare list. Both go for over $100, with Oddjob for nearly $200 recently.
  • flem007flem007 Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I have 4 on display,and the rest are all boxed due to lack of space which is a shame, i like the idea of maybe having a few in really good "set piece" dioroma's.My collection over the years has grown and it's getting more difficult to be subjective. Also it's getting more difficult to keep the wife sweet,the collection or the wife - ummm ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,630Chief of Staff
    flem007 wrote:
    it's getting more difficult to keep the wife sweet,the collection or the wife - ummm ;)

Wife every time !

Now send me your collection ;)
    YNWA 97
  • flem007flem007 Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    flem007 wrote:

Wife every time !

Now send me your collection ;)

Mmmmm.... decisions decisions Sir Miles, i suppose she can turn out a reasonable -{Martini, whoops sounding like a misogynistic dinosaur again.