James Bond Marathon

I'm thinking of watching all the bond movies back to back mad or not

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    if you have the time and the will power (not to mention lots and lots of energy drinks), go for it...it's fun sometimes!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    I have a Bondathon every year - very enjoyable.
    2007's Bondathon begins this Wednesday, 1st. August.
    I run all films consecutively, day by day, over the month of August every summer and people pop by depending on which film they want to experience.
    This year is the first to run over 21 days and extra special due to the 007 year.
    Each night a new film, some martini's and an All Time High.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    Please post your marathon thoughts upon completion. I suggest you watch OHMSS twice.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    The Edge wrote:
    I'm thinking of watching all the bond movies back to back mad or not

When the UE DVDs came out last year I watched all 20, so I wouldn't say you were mad. ;)
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • MikeyRichardsMikeyRichards Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    I attempted a Bond marathon last year. My intention was to watch all 20 within two days, starting at 5:00 in the morning, with 5-minute breaks between each film, and a 30-minutes break at the half way point.

I'm sad to say that I didn't succeed. I almost quit after Octopussy, but after a brief break and a cup of coffee I managed to get to the end of Licence To Kill, at which point I fell asleep. Watched the Brosnan films over the next couple of days.

I have never been so tired and exhausted as I was watching Octopussy early that morning. Was still a lot of fun, though. I'm tempted to try again one day. Maybe.
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    I attempted a Bond marathon last year. My intention was to watch all 20 within two days, starting at 5:00 in the morning, with 5-minute breaks between each film, and a 30-minutes break at the half way point.

I'm sad to say that I didn't succeed. I almost quit after Octopussy, but after a brief break and a cup of coffee I managed to get to the end of Licence To Kill, at which point I fell asleep. Watched the Brosnan films over the next couple of days.

I have never been so tired and exhausted as I was watching Octopussy early that morning. Was still a lot of fun, though. I'm tempted to try again one day. Maybe.

Nice effort. You made it to the end of the original Bond run, which I consider the end of the real franchise. Next time you should try with a pal, that way you are less apt to fall asleep. You need to allow yourself more breaks than just 8 hours.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    I'm always vowing to do one but never get round to it. Due to the fact I'm only 13 I've thought about how much I can handle and how many I'll be allowed, I'm guessing 5 or 6.
    207qoznfl4.gif