Oil Painting of the Bonds as Print??

Hi all, I've just recieved an oil Painting I had done by an Artist of all the Bonds to date, and have a few things on my mind....
I am thinking of getting a signed limited edition print done of it and wanted to know what kind of interest there may be??
This is depending on whether there may be a copyright issue or not.... I dont know if faces are copyright??
anyway if all goes to plan I was thinking of a run of about 100 prints which would make this a very rare print, size approx 50x60 cms on Fine art paper.
Its quite hard to qoute a price at the moment because of all the different factors involved, ie number of prints, Paper quality etc etc but could be looking around 40-50 pounds per print.
THE ARTIST..... Mike Nance is a Well known British artist who painted this for me, he can be "Googled" where some of his other work can be viewed, ( also some on ebay!) I have the Luck of him being a family friend and being able to have asked him to do this for me.
STA60061.JPG

I'd be interested to hear what you think. also about the painting itself!
Chris

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Sorry to say this, but I'm not too impressed. The Brosnan likeness is rather poor and Moore looks like he's had his DNA crossed with Craig's! But you know what they say: opinions are like ___holes: everyone has one and they all stink!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I am afraid I am in the same boat...after seeing so many of these and being awe struck by some this one just doesn't hit the bar, I am afraid. I am sure it is very special as it was made especially for you, but as a collectable I don't know if it hits the mark....sorry.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    gentlemen,

very unlike you to be so negative....

actually i've never seen a decent portrait of all six bonds, they always leave me cold...

the craig and dalton are ok....

the connery isn't the worst i've seen

the Moore is very craig, as you suggest..

but the Lazenby looks about 17 and the Brosnan is simply terrible....

a friend of mine is an excellent portrait painter...i'm sure she'd love the challenge if anyone is interested....

Chris, if you're happy with it, then that's all the matters....

otherwise, i'd ask the artist for another attempt on the Brosnan at least....

B-)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    LOL, not negative, just giving feedback, which the author of the thread asked for...;)

Does anyone know who did the portrait of Q surrounded by the different Bond that Desmond was presented with...THAT would be a must have!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Perhaps if you gave a straight on view of the painting rather than on an angle, it might help the critique a little.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • modelmaker007modelmaker007 GermanyPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    Well, thanks for the feedback guys,postive and negative, I must say that brosnan was the only one I was unhappy about myself, the others may have been a not so good choice of photo to start with.
    I didnt want the "typical" bond poses and wanted expressions that were "normal", I even got him to paint a Tux on brosnan even though the orginal photo didnt have him wearing one.
    these are the photos I used as first choice...
    bondpaint.jpg
    I think I will ask him to have another go at brosnan using a different photo.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,718MI6 Agent
    Obviously if you're doing prints I'd make sure the artist knows! :D