Carver Vs. Goodnight

SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
Which do you find the most frustrating?
Rosie Carver from LALD or Mary Goodnight from TMWTGG?
Or perhaps your vote goes to J.W Pepper from both films?
Nobody Writes Threads Better.

Comments

• LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Roger Moore in LALD. There are many aspects of LALD that I like and many films with Moore that I like, however something about his Bond in this first movie just drives me up the wall. Up to that point in the series it was supposed to have been that Bond was drafted out of the navy, but in that movie it looks as though Bond's former job could only have been as a tennis pro at the Playboy club. Could be just me...

To the original question I find Carver much more annoying...
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Goodnight was probably worse because you saw more of her.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    Hmm, Rosie sold out Bond and nearly got him killed, while Goodnight bumbled about and nearly got Bond killed. Both look great in a bikini, though.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I find Goodnight more frustrating, however I don't consider her to be the worst (or most annoying) Bond girl of all time. I don't think she was wonderful however I much prefer her to Stacey, Wai Lin, Jinx and Vesper. Plus, IMO, Goodnight was pretty good looking. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Rosie Carver was definitely more frustrating, IMRO; a second-tier Bond girl who goes to pieces when she sees a small hat on the bed... :#

Bond's better off alone... :s
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    I thought you meant Elliott Carver, I was picturing some sort of celebrity death match in a parallel universe.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • positivelyshockingpositivelyshocking Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I've been away for a while and thought I'd dip my toe back in the water. Very good Napoleon!
    That's really cheered up my day!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Hi PS, did you catch any of those newly minted prints of Goldfinger recently? Of course you got there first with your showing.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    I find Goodnight more frustrating, however I don't consider her to be the worst (or most annoying) Bond girl of all time. I don't think she was wonderful however I much prefer her to Stacey, Wai Lin, Jinx and Vesper. Plus, IMO, Goodnight was pretty good looking. :D

I agree with Jinx and Wai Lin.
    However, ask for Stacey I don't mind her, and I quite like Vesper.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    Rosie Carver was definitely more frustrating, IMRO; a second-tier Bond girl who goes to pieces when she sees a small hat on the bed... :#

Bond can't have sex alone.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff

"The trouble with my sex life is that it usually consists of one consenting adult"- Woody Allen
    I thought you meant Elliott Carver, I was picturing some sort of celebrity death match in a parallel universe.
    :)) Me too. I too thought he meant Elliot Carver, and I was wondering what he had to do with Mary Goodnight. ?:) :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • positivelyshockingpositivelyshocking Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    Hi Napoleon,

Can you believe it but I didn't see the digital print of GF. Too busy with Harry potter, Simpsons, Transformers, Shrek etc it's been a busy cinema year.

A friend did go though and said the print looked terrific. I'm investigating the posibility of showing maybe FRWL if I can source a new 35mm sourced from the new digital master.

Anyway it's good to be back!
    cheers
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I was thinking Paris Carver when I read the thread title...

I'd say Goodnight is slightly less lame than Rosie Carver, but that's like saying that rock over there is slightly less, well, rock-like than the rock over here. I do think they both have a couple decent scenes, just that they both also have more crappy ones.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited August 2007

Frankly, I think that's best left alone... :v :p
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    blueman wrote:
    I was thinking Paris Carver when I read the thread title...
    Am I the only person here who thinks that every Bond character named Carver was less than ideal? ;)
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent

This quote sums up my thoughts on this 100%. Rosie Carver drove me nuts.
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Smoke_13 wrote:

This quote sums up my thoughts on this 100%. Rosie Carver drove me nuts.

I couldn't agree more. She was annoying and way too superstitious. I was glad when she was finished off. I was clapping and cheering when bond found her dead.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    same with me, Georgiboy. {[]

Even I have found Goodnight annoying, Britt Ekland must have been one of the best-looking women of her time and still she is pretty handsome today.

The TMWTGG age pic from her in the white bikini with the 007 sticker on the top - amazing - and I am fortunate to have this pic autographed by her in my presence - one as a photo and the one in my "The James Bond Girls" book.

I adore TWMTGG and I can see her without listening to what she says or what she does - it works, if you are married long enough :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    I realised there is a new contender for most irritating Bond girl;
    Stacey Sutton in AVTAK.
    Is she any worse, or better, than Carver and Goodnight?
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    noone beats Rosie Carver, but Mayday comes behind her! (sorry to extend the list again, and she may not fit as she's not a real Bond girl, she's a mini-villain!)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!