Request for UK help...

I am keen on getting several of the Bond car and magazines that have been released but every time I go to buy one on ebay someone wants ridiculous shipping. Is there anyone in the UK that can help me with the purchase of some of these?

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    Hello David,

I could help you with the model cars, if you want to. I am living in Germany and there are many of them displayed also on ebay.de and ebay.fr.

Unfortunately, it has become a sort of common sport to charge overpriced shipping rates everywhere, in Europe and the US, but you may save some money, if you are using my german address. I can collect the models here for you and then send them over in one shipment, which won't be cheap either.

Please keep in mind, that may of the sellers are not mentioning cracks (smaller or larger) in the top displays, I have heard from many cases that most of the top cases have arrived cracked and no seller has been supportive in this matter.

Kind regards

Markus
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,631Chief of Staff
    edited August 2007
    Pretty much in the same boat here really, David. I didn't want to commit to the entire run and I have managed to pick up a few via ebay but, as Bondtoys points out, the shipping price for these has started to increase - there are a few bargains to be had, but you have to drop lucky.

If I can help you, David, please feel free to PM me.
    YNWA 97
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    This is great....can you find out which ones can be accessed...even shipping from Germany if I pay for several cars al at once rather than piece meal it would make a great difference...
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Mantis, do you mean these cars and magazines? http://www.jamesbondcars.co.uk/index.htm
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    YES! Those are the ones...
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Which specific models were you looking at?

They began showing-up on eBay almost as soon as they were first launched in France. I bought several before they really caught-on and well before there was any notion of the part works deal in the UK.

Since then, a friend in London has been sending over models and magazines about once a month or so. As a result, I have a bunch of duplicate models with French language magazines as well as a slew of UK models 1-3.