My Disney World Vacation

Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
Just back from a week long vacation at Disney World in Orlando so I thought I would share some observations.

Disney really is fun for all ages, I have a family of five, ages 12, 18, 21, 50 and 51 and we all had fun. Tickets are about $85.00 a day. If you get a four day pass the daily cost is less. If you go see a two hour concert it could cost you $100.00, so $85.00 for a full day of fun is a reasonable value. We were at the park all day and were entertained all day.

My favorite park was the Disney MGM park which is a movie theme park. Two stunt shows, one involving actors and one with cars and motorcycles are extremely entertaining. Epcot, the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are also fun.

The thing that surprised me the most was the number of Europeans at the park. A large number of Brits, French, Germans, etc were in attendance. I never knew Disney World was a vacation destination for folks on the other side of the pond. Several British families were at the same hotel I was at and I enjoyed the poolside conversations I had with them. Loved the British accent, especially from the little girls, very sweet. On behalf of all Americans I want to say we appreciate you spending some of your hard earned money in the States, because the way are politicians spend the money, we need all we can get.

Went to Universal Studios for one day, not as fun and lacked the atmosphere that Disney had.

If you get the chance, it is a fun vacation for the whole family.

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,285MI6 Agent
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip Barry. I know a girl who's family has been vacationing in Disneyworld Orlando annually for the last 15 years. No matter what their financial or personal situation, they always find a way to spend a couple of weeks at the park at least once a year. I guess the mouse that Walt built command some pretty fierce loyalty.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Glad to hear that you and family had a great time, Barry. :)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Glad you had fun. My one and only time going to Disney World was 1995. It wasn't even a Vacation, it was a school trip. While we did get to enjoy Epcot, Disney World & Universal Studios we did have some school stuff to attend to. I'd love to go back some day, but it's a tad expensive for me right now.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    I went 3 years ago with my family and it was a blast. If I ever go again though I'd love to go for three weeks. I need that amount to fit in all the parks, spend a couple of relaxing days or so by the pool and manage a trip to a mall. :D There's nowhere so big for shopping near me so I thought it was great.
    Everything there was so cheap for us which was nice as the actual trip and parks had cost us so much.
    Even the jetlag wasn't that bad. The only bad thing was I put on a considerable amount of weight owing to there being nothing at the parks but chips everyday. :# However I understand they've changed that now. Is it all entirely healthy now or is there a choice? It would be good if there was a choice; it's nice to be naughty sometimes. :p
    Anyway, glad you had a great time and perhaps you'll decide to go again. :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{