Who's Hand?

After Xenia kills Farrel Chuck you see a hand removing a badge/card. Who's hand was that?

Are we led to believe it was Bond's?

Comments

• jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    I believe it's meant to be Trevelyan, the same person Xenia then works with but whose face is conspicuously kept hidden on board the freighter.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Bruce_007Bruce_007 Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    I don't know who the hand is suppose to belong to in the movie, but in real life it's Michael G. Wilson's hand taking the ID card. I got this tidbit off the Goldeneye SE audio commentery. Hope that helps a little.
    If I had to guess who's hand it is in the movie I probably go with Trevelyan too, but it could also be the deck hand Bond fights the next morning passing it on to a higher authority ( Trevelyan or Ourumov), maybe.
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    I always thought it was Ourumov's hand. He was the one with Zenia in Siberia so it must have been him. Unless it was Trevelyn and they stopped the helicopter after stealing it and Trevelyn and Ourumov switched places.
  • MicklesMickles Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    It was Ourumov's hand. He took the card and pretended to be Chuck the next day. After Xenia killed the two pilots, she must've taken their uniforms. She and Ourumov then put them on and boarded the Tiger...
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    Georgiboy wrote:
    I always thought it was Ourumov's hand. He was the one with Zenia in Siberia so it must have been him. Unless it was Trevelyn and they stopped the helicopter after stealing it and Trevelyn and Ourumov switched places.

Either way, they stopped. When the two landed in Siberia they weren't wearing the black jump suits. I'm sure it's meant to be Ourumov's hand to. The only concern I have is, it could be Trevelyns hand. Him and Zenia stole the chopper and took it back to the "hideout." They dropped off Trevelyn and picked up Ourumov, changed clothes and flew to Siberia. I guess it's left up to the viewer to decide who's hand it's supposed to be.

*Edit. Whoever stole the ID and tried to pass themselves off as the Chuck, had to have some resemblence to Chuck.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    But why would it have to be either of them? After all, we didnt see Trevelyan or Oromov there to begin with, and Xenia did all the work. why send someone high up in the food chain along - if they got caught it would be a disaster.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I never quite got this, as the first time round I thought it must be Bond...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I think the idea was that the audience was to believe that the unrevealed 'second' person was the 'head of Janus' whom Xenia was working for. Later we see Ouromov climbing from the helicopter, which is supposed to mislead the viewers into thinking that Ouromov is indeed the Janus 'head cheese'...thus making Trevalyn's appearance all the more shocking. Just a theory, though.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Or else...it was the director's first Bond movie. He needed time to mature as a director before he could make a flawless movie.
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    i never took the hand to be anyone in particular, just someone who was working with Xenia. The person's ID does not seem to be all that important.
  • stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    I think the idea was that the audience was to believe that the unrevealed 'second' person was the 'head of Janus' whom Xenia was working for. Later we see Ouromov climbing from the helicopter, which is supposed to mislead the viewers into thinking that Ouromov is indeed the Janus 'head cheese'...thus making Trevalyn's appearance all the more shocking. Just a theory, though.

What he said :-)

I always thought it was Ouromov's hand.

I can't see how anyone could think it is Bond's hand