TWINE soundtrack

frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
I just listened to my TWINE soundtrack again after a very long time, and again came to the conclusion that it is one of the better Bond soundtracks. The theme song is great, IMO, and I quite like "Come in 007, Your Time Is Up", "Elektra's Theme", and a few other tracks. However, I have one major disappointment: why didn't this album include the full orchestral version of "Christmas In Turkey" (you know, as it was played in the movie when Bond and Elektra were skiing together)? I think this is one of the most beautiful tunes David Arnold has ever written, and it deserves to be showcased better in the CD.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,365Chief of Staff
    edited September 2007
    The tune heard during the skiing is called "Snow Business". It can be heard on David Arnold's website- unless it's been taken off since I last checked!- along with another cue called "Khazakstan". I like this tune as well, and it's a pity it wasn't put on the album.
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    The tune heard during the skiing is called "Snow Business". It can be heard on David Arnold's website- unless it's been taken off since I last checked!- along with another cue called "Khazakstan". I like this tune as well, and it's a pity it wasn't put on the album.

Thanks! I'll check it out. It does sound very much like "Christmas in Turkey", though. That scene, with the panoramic shot of the skiing, and that music playing in the background, has always been one of the high points of TWINE for me.

BTW, I've read the discussion of Bond vs. Bourne in other threads recently, and that scene is one example of why Bond films are so different from and, IMO, better than, the Bourne films. Sorry for straying off-topic, but I just had to say that.
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    I have visited David Arnold's web site, and indeed "Snow Business" is there. It sounded amazing! Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to purchase/download it. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this track?