Bond's depression?

i know ive read around here a few times and have seen how 007 has a lot of inner demons and isnt the happiest guy around, makes me think of the hotel scene from Tomorrow Never Dies,what do you think the severity of this is?

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    well, he've deff. got issues. think about all the people he's killed, the things he's seen and odd sorts of missions he's been on. that'd be enough to drive anyone into decently severe depression. i know that things like that'd scar the hell out of my soul. *I sound extreamly cliche, but hell* :p

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    edited September 2007
    The literary Bond's issues were never ticked off on a list, but I will try to name a few:

Vesper; his love for her, her betrayal of England, The Service and her Polish lover.

SMERSH; Fiends who use terror and torture to advance their ugly agenda.

Deaths/Woundings of Friends; Strangways, Quarrel, Cuneo, Leiter, Kerim Bey, Jill & Tilly Masterson etc.

Murder of Tracy; Bond finally finds a future, redemption and love in her arms, then loses her as a direct result of his profession.

On those lonely nights when Bond settles down in his "room with a view" the memories must wash over him. Only drink, empty lovemaking, and the ocassional thrill of a fast car or high stakes gambling dull the boredom of his lonely life.

The only time Bond feels "alive" is when he is on a mission.

I would expect he does everything he can to avoid his dreams.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    7289 wrote:
    Only drink, empty lovemaking, and the ocassional thrill of a fast car or high stakes gambling dull the boredom of his lonely life.

My life in a nutshell :(|)

- The German
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    thats very interesting, of all people i think james Bond would have the least boring life haha
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    We know from Fleming's novels that Bond certainly tended toward depression during the times between assignments, when he was stuck with the drudgery of paperwork and the reading of routine signals from abroad. This was also when he tended to drink even more than usual.

Bond is a man for whom action and high-stakes are the stuff of life...a man whose blood pressure drops, rather than rises, when life-and-death issues are at hand.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    Only drink, empty lovemaking, and the ocassional thrill of a fast car or high stakes gambling dull the boredom of his lonely life.

My life in a nutshell :(|)

- The German

Yep, mine too... {[]
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.