Best Bond Sourcebook?

Hello to all,

I haven't really gathered much solid book material on James Bond, bar the Ian Fleming novels themselves and a couple of stories from Raymond Benson, but I was after a reference book or two and, since there was so many out there it's made the idea somewhat complicated. So, my question is this...

What are your preferences on source books for, preferably, both the literary and film versions of the character? (with assorted girls and henchmen of course)

Thanks very much, I appreciate all the help I can get in this matter! Regards,

Capt

Comments

• Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    I'd go with "The James Bond Bedside Companion" by Raymond Benson. I really think it's the most comprehensive as far as books and films. I only wish it was updated to include more of the recent titles.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    for me, it's The Essential James Bond by Phieffer and Worral (spelling sucks, it's early...:p) or The Ultimate James Bond Trivia Book who's author I cannot remember...

I owe those two books sooo much

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    Whilst I would love (and have been waiting for for many years) sourcebooks specific to each Bond Film (even ones devoted to each Bond actor would be great) I would say my "go to" sourcebook is James Bond The Legacy or for novelis The Man And His World.
    Both great reads!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    eep...I forgot all about Legacy...it's and AMAZING book...it's just in my room at home, so I've not thought about it for awhile...deff. worth getting.

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    Pendragon wrote:
    eep...I forgot all about Legacy...it's and AMAZING book...it's just in my room at home, so I've not thought about it for awhile...deff. worth getting.

~Pen -{

where's the best source to get some of these books from? is amazon sufficient?
    "We have all the time in the world..."