Bond's espresso machine

Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
Not Sure if this one was known already, but after watching Live and Let Die yesterday, I noticed the cool espresso machine in Bond's appartment. I did some research online and it was easy to find: it's a La Pavoni Europiccola. They still sell this machine, although it has some minor differences with the 1973 model. Have a look on Bond Lifestyle for more details.

The tour in Bond's apartment is quite funny, I think. His apartment looks very old fashioned and dull. And what about that wonderful yellow robe with red lining he wears: complete with "JB" initials. I thought Ian Fleming wrote in Goldfinger that Bond never used initials on his clothing...

:)
BOND LIFESTYLE
JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!

Comments

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    That's an interesting find.

The apartment [flat] might seem odd by today's standards but it looked quite contemporary in '71 ... if altogether wrong; the design as we saw it in DN seemed for more appropriate.

Regarding the robe: Though they aren't shown on-screen close-up, have you ever seen the slippers he's wearing in that scene? Christie's first sold them (I think Alex Brauchle bought them); now those are over the top!