Brighton Rock

Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
As a fan of many different genres of films in British Crime/Gangster this easily comes into the golden 3. This is quite possibly the oldest film I can watch and enjoy. I'm glad the runtime was a traditional 90mins rather than the 3 hour song-and-dance the americans do with their films. This film really set the standards for british cinema and is a large milestone to be appreicated. The Long Good Friday is a more modern example of this and Guy Ritche brought new elements of comedy into it with Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels but Brighton Rock is the real brains behind it. Who here agrees with me?
207qoznfl4.gif

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't really put BR in the same category as the other films. It's from a different era really, and also unique, as far as I know. I suppose I could group it with other Brighton films like Quadrophenia, London to Brighton plus there's a Carry On film set there too... :))

Brighton Rock is a great film, though the ending was changed from Greene's dark original, and rather wonderful too... Actually, I guess you can put the great ending in with other Greene classics of a similar theme regards Catholic guilt and redemption: The End of the Affair and maybe The Third Man. All have knock-out finales.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Sweepy, I understand your enthusiasm and welcome to the site, however, you've posted a very high number of movie topics.

Rather then pushing the "post topic" button, please, if you've got a certain movie on your mind, or a certain movie genre you'd like to discuss, you could post your opinions in the "Last Film Seen" Topic. You're guaranteed to receive replies because we all love movies here!

Thanks and this topic's closed.
This discussion has been closed.