Lethal Weapon 5?

Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
Who thinks there should be a fifth Lethal Weapon film. It is odd to leave it on 4 (Like Alien) and the stars seem up to it. Lethal Weapon 4 was a let-down so 5 could end it properly. Although Die Hard was past it's sell-by date long before no.4 I still think Lethal Weapon has life left in it. I think if they do 5 by 2010 and do it good it would be great. What about you?
207qoznfl4.gif

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I don't see a Lethal Weapon 5 happening. I've heard Danny Glover say a couple of times that the series is done. And the way #4 ended led me to believe the series was done also. For some #4 may of been a let down, but I think it was a fitting end.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    I liked the end of Lethal Weapon 4. While I love the characters (though despise Mel Gibson), and have enjoyed watching all of the films to date, I just can't see a good enough reason to bring back Riggs and Murtaugh. Lethal Weapon 4 ended with the two heroes teaming up to defeat the toughest physical opponent they had yet faced, and with each of them becoming a father/grandfather. I thought the scene at Riggs' late wife's grave - especially the bit with Joe Pesci - was brilliant and the film as a whole was a satisfying conclusion to the story.

Mind you, I thought the same about The Last Crusade, but here we are in anticipation of Indy 4. So I guess anything is possible.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    I once had a dream I was in the foyer of a cinema playing a 'Lethal Weapon 5' (Yes, really! :p) and I had a (brief) glimpse of the poster, and the credits said it was Directed by Richard Donner (again).

Mind you it was a dream, and I think they should put this franchise to rest once and for all.
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."