Aurora "James Bond" Conversion

I don't know that I'm going to rush out and buy one, but you can now convert your vintage Aurora or Polar Lights redux "Mr.James Bond" kit to resemble Roger Moore. Though it looks a bit out of scale, it is a decent likeness.

They also offer an improved Oddjob and a supposedly improved Sean Connery.

These also include updated name plates; I was always disappointed in the Aurora name plates as a kid so that's a nice touch.

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    I don't know that I'm going to rush out and buy one, but you can now convert your vintage Aurora or Polar Lights redux "Mr.James Bond" kit to resemble Roger Moore. Though it looks a bit out of scale, it is a decent likeness.

They also offer an improved Oddjob and a supposedly improved Sean Connery.

These also include updated name plates; I was always disappointed in the Aurora name plates as a kid so that's a nice touch.

I think I saw these too in Kitbuilders Magazine or Amazing Figure Modeler. As a model builder, during the 80's I wished that I had the cash to pay the collectors' price for vintage Bond kits from the 60's not because of the collectible factor, but because I wanted to build Bond themed scale models and very little else was available! I felt the same about the Gilbert 12" figures at one time as the only shot I had in having a 12" Bond (since I've long been an enthusiast of that format), but I am so grateful that there's such a great number of options now for collectors and enthusiasts and I for one am not limited to unrealistic representations of the character.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....