Best scene from the Brosnan era?

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Remember the scene in die another day where brosnan .... uses a rocket to get out of the hospital?

No. There's no such scene.
  • Powergod477098Powergod477098 Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Remember the kite surfing the tsunami scene in die another where bond has to doge icebergs as he's surfing?
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,162MI6 Agent
    Remember the kite surfing the tsunami scene in die another where bond has to doge icebergs as he's surfing?
    No. There's no such scene. :))
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    PG I'll ask this again, this time publicly: please post something other than a series of questions, the answers to which you apparently pay no attention to. This is perilously close to trolling.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

You mean no such movie...never heard of "Die Another" ;)
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,162MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    You mean no such movie...never heard of "Die Another" ;)
    :D

BTW love your new avatar, mate. I need to add one some time.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Thanks buddy—was looking to change it up a bit -{
    I ment die another day JTM
    I also love the sword fight between bond and graves in die another day easily my favorite scene in the movie
    Do you like the sword fight Barbel?
    Yes, I think it's very well done although I could live without the Madonna cameo (that's not her worst offence in this movie, of course).
    Love the sword fight! Highlights of this scene are Brozza kicking the epee off screen (which everyone saw except Miranda), and later, twisting the long sword as he turns around between strikes. Graves knocks it out of Bond's hand, so Bond punches him. :)) Good to see both all bloodied up, before shaking hands.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    User: Do you remember scene xy?

Mod: Please don‘t only post questions.

User: I like scene xy.

:)) :)) :))

Btw: the best scene of Die Another Day must be the car flip. The look of coolness on Brosnan‘s face after it is just priceless. Has anybody ever noticed that in a teaser trailer, they originally used a different cut where Brosnan opens his mouth (like he was saying: F**k yeah)?
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    User: Do you remember scene xy?

Mod: Please don‘t only post questions.

User: I like scene xy.

That's handbook 101 of "How to troll a Scotsman" :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Ah, you think? 8-)
    Remember that scene in the world is not enough with the Scotsman playing bagpipes and suddenly the Scotsman turns and unleashes fire on the dummy and the dummy pays the piper that's my favourite scene what's yours?
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Remember that scene in the world is not enough with the Scotsman playing bagpipes and suddenly the Scotsman turns and unleashes fire on the dummy and the dummy pays the piper that's my favourite scene what's yours?

Is this the scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DIv0_WvXNY
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    :)) {[]

Remember the scene in on her majesty‘s secret service with the „other fella“ wearing a kilt and acting all cool when suddenly a young woman writes on his thigh and he has a slight stiffness coming up...in the shoulder, due to the altitude no doubt and he later goes on to have sex with her and later he has sex with all the women there? Thats my favorite scene what‘s yours? B-)

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Yeah I like that one too though it’s not pierce bronson and this is a pierce bronson best scene thread but while we’re on the subject do you remember in thunderballs where bond opens the door and fiona is in the bath and she asks him if he’s in the wrong room and he says not from where I’m standing, gawd I love that scene. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Ok, I think his best scene is his whole introduction in Goldeneye. It‘s so well shot, „Bronson“ doing the stereotypical spy-stuff with a great score and two great stunts. There is not a single flaw whithin these first 10mins. It might even just rival Connery‘s intro. B-)

I count one flaw- when the plane reappears the Bond Theme should be playing! :)
    edited March 2019
    Remember the scene in on her majesty‘s secret service with the „other fella“ wearing a kilt and acting all cool when suddenly a young woman writes on his thigh and he has a slight stiffness coming up...in the shoulder, due to the altitude no doubt and he later goes on to have sex with her and later he has sex with all the women there? Thats my favorite scene what‘s yours? B-)

so cool

VBaNfhl.gif

Barbel wrote:

Spot on! That would have been nice, somehow didn’t think of that. :o

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Doesn't that happen in TND? I haven't watched that one in a long time.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Barbel wrote:

I disagree. Imo makes it more dramatic and less predictable ;)

Matt S wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

Doesn't that happen in TND? I haven't watched that one in a long time.

Absolutely, and glorious it is- David Arnold wasn't about to miss such an opportunity!
    Higgins wrote:

I disagree.

dog.jpg

Well, now there's a surprise.

More seriously, GE represented the return of 007 after a then unprecedented break. Underlining that return with using his instantly recognisable theme during the PTS should have been a no-brainer. Instead the audience have to wait until the tank chase for a full statement of the theme, and it's one of the film's highlights when it appears- courtesy of John Altman, replacing Eric Serra for this one cue.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Remember that scene in the world is not enough with the Scotsman playing bagpipes and suddenly the Scotsman turns and unleashes gunfire on the dummy and then the fire shots out of the pipe at dummy then bond say we all have to pay the piper sometime and then q says to bond pipe down that's my favourite scene what's yours?

Fixed that for you ;)
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I don't think the Bond theme would have been audible in the cinema where I fist watched GE, everybody was cheering when the plane reappeared.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad