Future Bond Ideas

Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
There are so many Bond books/video games that haven't been used yet and I'm annoyed because there are some brilliant ideas which are being left in the dark. One of the best was when dalton was to be in a 3rd bond film with a chemical weapons factory in scotland being blown up and parts in china/japan. Why can't they use it many years later for a brosnan/craig film. There are some ace games and material from John Gardner/Raymond Benson. Anyone else got ideas for future bond?
207qoznfl4.gif

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    i think the whole chemical weapons plant was done in Goldeneye, but ive had many ideas of what my perfect Bond film would have in it, i just have to remember them...
  • actonsteveactonsteve Posts: 299MI6 Agent
    . There are some ace games and material from John Gardner/Raymond Benson. Anyone else got ideas for future bond?

One of my absolute terrors is a film based around a computer game. A sort of Supermario Bros of the Bond world. Maybe thats why DAD crashed so spectacularly because at times it resembled that.

The filmakers for Bond 22 (which is the Bond film I'm most looking forward to, and I've not had that feeling since 1989) has a really good springboard. Revenge for the killing of Bonds love Vesper Lynd. A shadowy organisation Bond can follow around the world.

So long as they dont bugger up the villain/girl casting again and have invisible cars I think the future looks pretty good at the momnet.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I don't particularly mind where the producers get their ideas from (Fleming, non-Fleming books, computer games, their own imagination etc...) as long as the ideas are of good quality. ;) Regarding computer games, I can't comment as I don't play any, but if a game has some good ideas, then hopefully the producers won't shy away from using them merely because it's a computer game.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    I'm with ActonSteve - I'm glad it looks like they're bringing back the Big Shadowy Organization which was such a hallmark of the books. I think the last time we had one may have been Mr. Big's group from Live and Let Die.
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent
    I'm against remakes, but I think there would be great potential in remaking MR under a different name.

Except for title MR and the villian being called Hugo Drax there is practically nothing in the RM movie from the book.

It would be a perfect book to give the CR treatment. The first half of the movie would lead into the book and the ex nazi SMERSH sponsered villian would be replaced by a terrorist.

In the 70s the producers did not consider the book plot to destroy London with a nuclear missile to be big enough, but it the post 9/11 world I think it is freighteningly conveivable.

Change the name of the missile which in turn changes the title of the movie, and the name of the villian, and you could remake the book without remaking the original movie.

On my wish list, but will probably never happen.
  • Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    Mailfist wrote:
    I'm against remakes, but I think there would be great potential in remaking MR under a different name.

Except for title MR and the villian being called Hugo Drax there is practically nothing in the RM movie from the book.

It would be a perfect book to give the CR treatment. The first half of the movie would lead into the book and the ex nazi SMERSH sponsered villian would be replaced by a terrorist.

In the 70s the producers did not consider the book plot to destroy London with a nuclear missile to be big enough, but it the post 9/11 world I think it is freighteningly conveivable.

Change the name of the missile which in turn changes the title of the movie, and the name of the villian, and you could remake the book without remaking the original movie.

On my wish list, but will probably never happen.

Die Another Day uses some of the plot of the Moonraker book, only change Graves to Drax.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    erm... where? t's basically a OTT remake of DAF.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Only that Drax has stolen another person's identity and then sets himself up as an English gentleman, despite being German in origin. The dual at Blades between him and Bond (though it's cards in the book). Graves is sort of like Drax, though it does some DAF stuff later.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I was just reading the summary from the book Cold (Coldfall in the US) and it seems like a decent plot. At least the orginazation in the book:

A five-year search for terrorists leads James Bond into a deadly nest of doomsday killers.

The night that Flight 229 blew apart on landing at Washington’s Dulles Airport, and the almost four hundred passengers aboard were killed, a mission began that would become an obsession of James Bond.

Who was responsible for destroy the British-owned aircraft? Was it a straight-forward act of terrorism, an assassination aimed at only one person, or a move to put the airline out of business? For Bond the search for answers has a personal meaning: his former lover and old friend Principessa Sukie Tempesta is listed as one of the ill-fated passengers.

In this white-knuckle 007 thriller, John Gardner sends master spy James Bond on the most complex and demanding assignments of his career. Across the continents and through ever-changing labyrinths of evil, bond follows the traces of clues into the center of an organization more deadly than any terrorist army—a fanatical society code-named Cold, Children of the Last Days. What he finds there could very well spell his own last days.

Once again, John Gardner has propelled James Bond squarely into the path of high adventure, danger, and nonstop excitement.

-Putnam dust jacket
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope