James Bond's older brother???

00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
I happened upon some James Bond trivia on the computer the other day and one of the questions was: What is the name of James Bond's older brother? Does James Bond have an older brother? This is the first I've heard of this. I have read all the Fleming novels and watched all the films and this is the first I've heard of this. Is my memory bad or is the question wrong. By the way the answer was Henry Bond.

Here is the link for anyone who wants to test his or her James Bond knowledge:

http://www.kfbk.com/pages/photos.html

(second column, 11th picture down)
"A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,889Chief of Staff
    The only reference to Bond's older brother is in John Pearson's terrific little novel, 007: The Unauthorized Biography of James Bond. I think he threw it in to make Bond's life more parallel to that of Ian Fleming, who also had an older brother. (Small world, I know.)
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    James Bond Jr - star of the early 90s cartoon series which makes Pokemon look like Waiting for Godot - was Bond's nephew, and the hints were that it was this brother Henry. However, like "Uncle Bruce" in Role of Honour, this is a branch of the Bond family tree that's best not talked about...
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Thanks, I knew someone on this site would know the answer.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • Double-oh nineDouble-oh nine USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    You won't hear much about Connery's twin brother,a hair dresser I believe.There's even a Saltzman/Broccoli style production he's featured in with original 60's era Bond characters M and Moneypenny.Can't remember the name of that film but I do remember that the star did look like his brother Sean,only somewhat "lite in his loafers" if you get my meaning?
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,889Chief of Staff
    I believe you're thinking of Connery's younger brother, Neil, who starred in an Italian film variously called Operation Kid Brother, OK Connery, and Lord knows what else--and which had many familiar faces from the EON films, including Bernard Lee and Lois Maxwell.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Double-oh nineDouble-oh nine USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    Yes,Neil Connery who was also spoofed on Mystery Science Theatre.The shows hosts made pseudo-gay comments all through the film.
    Hilarity ensued.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    :)) Leave it to MSTK to make a mockery of Neil Connery. I love those misfits, they always tickle my humour bone!!!
    "We have all the time in the world..."