Bring back poster art !

It's sad that TLD marked the last time it was used...let's bring back the old grand tradition !

Anyone agree ?

Maybe ltd edition to die hard fans , I'm sure it'd sell ;)

Comments

• asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I have a few 007 art posters on my wall, including Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, OHMSS, and the rare red and black "Licence Revoked" poster, and I think they all look fantastic!
    And whilst I also have the official posters for TWINE, DAD and CR (and this they're pretty cool), I think that a one-off art poster for each new film would be a much sought-after item for us Bond fans!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    edited October 2007
    ohmss1969 wrote:
    It's sad that TLD marked the last time it was used...let's bring back the old grand tradition !

Anyone agree ?

Maybe ltd edition to die hard fans , I'm sure it'd sell ;)

I agree. They should bring back the paintings. Today everyone uses the photographic or photo-montage poster. Some of the best poster campaigns were from Bond's golden era i.e. Tball and YOLT. However, if they want to be more understated they can look at the poster campaign for Dr. No. It was comprized of colorized drawings, simple yet effective.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • lockerslockers CanberraPosts: 64MI6 Agent
    I have about 7 of the daybills which are the main things in my collection it is a shame they stopped after LTK these are perfect size for mounting around the room and they look great
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    I'd also love to see the classic Corgi toy art as full sz'd poster : imagine YOLT or OHMSS !

I'm sure even as ltd editions they'd sell ;)
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    DEFINITELY!!! I love my Bond art posters, and although I like my non-art ones (CR etc.) I am a die hard for the artsy ones. I would buy one for sure if they brought them back. Someone, write a letter to Sony and MGM! :007)
    "We have all the time in the world..."