A Tale Of Two Nikes

Alright, these pictures will not do the differences justice But...I just received my second pair of Nike Articulates from a gent in Canada who described them to me as a mottled grey. I assumed he meant a pebbled black like the ones I received from Paul Wynn (seen for comparison in the pic below with swoosh blackened out for display). However, it was noticable right out of the box that either they used different leathers OR there was an alternate version that used this greyish black leather. BTW, the greyish ones from Canada have never been owrn and still have all the tags and stickers on them...has anyone else seen this variance?

z1.JPG
z2.JPG

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I bought the greyer versions after assuming it was these and not the black versions that were used on screen. This is going back 14 months now though, and they were damned near impossible to find then.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    They look closer to the ones we seen in the various behind-the-scenes shots but I still think they were a grey suede like the ones in this post: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=29027

sorry!
  • saint-antoinesaint-antoine CanadaPosts: 209MI6 Agent
    Shoes look pretty good Mantis. Since costume department probably weathered the shoes somewhat, I guess we will never know for sure if the leather or the suede version was used in he film... but just finding these is a mission on its own. I know as I worked 6 months on locating a pair... Got the suede ones but I cannot honestly say if its suede or leather that was the version used... Anyway, great shoes... how about an display update?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    They look closer to the ones we seen in the various behind-the-scenes shots but I still think they were a grey suede like the ones in this post: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=29027

sorry!

Yup, Dave, I'm with Simon.