Super Huge Announcement!!!

SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
edited October 2007 in Off Topic Chat
This post is to inform everyone that I was engaged to be married last night!!! Yay!!! Here's a pic of the ring:

IMG_1141.jpg

Haven't set a date yet, but it will happen some time next year.

Feel free to use this forum to post any big announcement you might have as well so we can all share in the joy!!!
*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations! {[] {[] That is absolutely fantastic news. Also, I love the ring. :D I have to say I'm envious; my brother got engaged earlier this year (the wedding is February next year :D) and his fiancee choose not to accept a ring. :# Anyway, I hope you have a great day. {[]

BTW, could you tell us about the proposal (if there was one)?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    Gorgeous, congratulations. I have been married for 4 and a half months and have loved it. Blessings to you as you prepare and look forward to a happy marriage. Love the ring, it's beautiful. {[]
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Congratulations! {[]
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Congratulations, my dear! {[] -{ {[] :007)

I wish you all the best of everything---good health, happiness, and a long life. May you one day celebrate your 75th Anniversary! :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. {[] {[]
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Congratulations indeed! {[] and have a -{ . It's always great to see someone who loves GE and is a marginal AVTAK lover find happiness, though even if you loved LTK I would share in your joy! Once again, congratulations! {[]
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    congrats!!! {[]

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    though even if you loved LTK I would share in your joy!
    I would hope so. :)) (Trust someone on a Bond site to conditon wedding wishes on the bride-to be's Bond film preferences. :D)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Yes, yes Dan you're right. Even LTK's awfulness cannot get in the way of such a momentous occasion for anyone. :D
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    I have to say I'm envious; my brother got engaged earlier this year (the wedding is February next year :D) and his fiancee choose not to accept a ring.

Why on earth didn't she want his ring? ?:) That's a shame!
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    SB_Diamond wrote:
    This post is to inform everyone that I was engaged to be married last night!!! Yay!!!

congratulations. And that's a beautiful ring. May you be very happy.

Monique wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    I have to say I'm envious; my brother got engaged earlier this year (the wedding is February next year :D) and his fiancee choose not to accept a ring.

She didn't want a ring? Does she have a sister? :D
    highhopes wrote:
    She didn't want a ring? Does she have a sister? :D
    Something tells me that rings can be very expensive. :))
    Monique wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    I probably wasn't precise. What I meant was that neither my brother nor his fiancee are interested in the whole ring thing. :# I actually have an entirely different view of engagements to my brother and his fiancee. I'm a romantic, :x and I have conjured up all sorts of ideas for the perfect proposal. However my brother and his fiancee are the exact opposite. So not only was there not a proper proposal (they just said 'let's get married' or something like that) but a ring was completely out of the question. For some absurd reason my brother's fiancee (and my brother agrees on this) thinks that rings are unnecessary and too showy-offy. :o Suffice to say that I don't exactly agree and I think that SB_Diamond's getting a beautiful ring is absolutely fantastic. :D
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Congratulations! :)

Is your man a Bond fan by any chance?
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Congratulations on this incredible news. {[] I think that's a really beautiful ring. :D
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    {[]

Congrats to you.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations! {[]

You are now undeniably SB_Diamond! :D

When can we expect our invitations and airfare in the mail? ;)

Wishing you years and years of happiness...
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    Congratulations! :)

Is your man a Bond fan by any chance?

As a matter of fact he is a Bond fan, I've been trying to get him to join but he says he belongs to too many forums already (he's a comic book fan, a transformers fan, a horror fan, the list goes on really). As for the proposal there is video of it and you can watch it if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Is8DuRR3WI

You will note my complete obliviousness to the whole thing till he takes out the ring box...its hilarious.

Also I did get a good laugh out of JFF comment of how even if I liked LTK he'd be happy for me, I have to agree with Dansame on that one and I thought it was pretty hilarious.
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*