Bond Season !!!

Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
Reportedly every saturday afternoon (Starting tomorrow) ITV will be screening a new bond season in chronological order. My aim is to watch this. I hope each film will be uncut, remastered and in widescreen with minimal ads. I wonder how an afternoon screening of LTK will go down? :))
207qoznfl4.gif

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Sweepy is right, these films will be messed about with for tea time viewing. Remember when GF's pts ended with Bond snogging the girl in the towel, missing out the fight scene with the hoodlum that follows altogether... :o
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Well it's good that they are to show them, but I just cannot stand it when ITV mess about by cutting parts of the film! Arrghh!! 8-)
    When you think about it, these are the sort of films ITV3 or ITV4 were invented for, y'know, they're not prime time movies anymore as they've been seen too often, but put them on a digital channel in the eve and they're great... of course, these channels really haven't captured the public mood or imagination.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    DN is on Tomorrow afternoon at 3:10 and will run on till 5:45 with a 30-minute news break from 4:30 till 5:00. Jesus, even in the afternoon we have to have a news break but other than that it sounds good. Lets hope it's uncut in it's original widescreen format and remastered for bett sound/picture quality!
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I'm very annoyed, ITV have skipped FRWL and gone to GF and are going to show TWINE at 9pm heavily trimmed down!!! X-(
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    That's hardly chronological as mentioned in the first post

DN
    GF
    TWINE
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    They missed out From Russia With Love, but I cant complain because if I want to watch them that bad then ill just watch them on DVD
    It may be because the BBC showed FRWL recently, and still have the rights.

I'm not sure about TWINE being on, it's not part of the usual Saturday season, it's on a weekday evening. Maybe they'll show it again when they get round to it in... a few months' time! :o

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    that's what I was thinking about FRWL, as BBC2 showed it as part of the British Season recently
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    I hate the fact that ITV have the rights to show the bond movies. not only are they full of adverts but they trim them down and butcher them.

in August when they were showing Goldene they really got it wrong. they did the first half before the news. ending just before Bond goes in to see Zukovski and after the news started with Bond and Natayla's plane getting shot down.
    edited October 2008
    TB is on tomorrow afternoon on ITV, probably cut with a NEWS BREAK!!! Actually I think I've found a reasonable explanation for the screwed up Bond season. They couldn't get the rights to FRWL from the BBC and TWINE is to be shown seperately tonight and will be shown again early next year. To be honest the new bond season is doing rubbish anyway, either way I bet TWINE, tonight will beat the classic DN and GF
    207qoznfl4.gif
    YOLT is on saturday afternoon with DAF the saturday after.
    207qoznfl4.gif
    What, no OHMSS? Maybe that's saved for Christmas Day.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    LALD on Dec 1st in the afternoon.
    207qoznfl4.gif
    edited October 2008
    TMWTGG then TND
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    That sums ITV up!

Skipping from TMWTGG to TND.......just really f*cks up the whole series, messing about etc.

:s
    I know, they som to love Brozzer, I like him but he get's boring so many times a year on TV, I can't handle him much.
    207qoznfl4.gif
    edited December 2007
    TSWLM is currently on. DAD on Friday.

Dec 26th: Moonraker 3.00pm
    Dec 27th: For Your Eyes Only 2.30pm
    Dec 28th: Octopussy 2.10pm

WooHoo, go on Moore! {:)
    207qoznfl4.gif
    edited October 2008
    DN - 1962
    GF - 1964
    TB - 1965
    YOLT - 1967
    DAF - 1971
    LALD - 1973
    TMWTGG - 1974
    TSWLM - 1977
    MR - 1979
    FYEO - 1981
    OP - 1983