Emily Bolton - Moonraker

taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
I heard a story that Emily Bolton was the second actress cast as Manuella in MR, does anybody know any more information about that - like who was the first girl, and why the recasting?

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Surely, the "main" Bond girl would be cast, before the others?
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,271MI6 Agent
    I cant say anything about a first actress, but my Dad owned a copy of Playboy c1979 and I am certain Emily Bolton, Corrine Clery and some of Drax's girls appeared in this issue. Can anyone confirm this? As an adolescent boy, this was dreamland!
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I don't know about Emily Bolton, but Corrine Clery did a heck of a lot of nude work in the '70s. In fact, she made her name in soft-core movies like The Story of O. Moonraker gave her an opportunity to put on some clothes and stand up for a while!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • actonsteveactonsteve Posts: 299MI6 Agent
    CTrent49 wrote:
    taity wrote:
    I heard a story that Emily Bolton was the second actress cast as Manuella in MR, does anybody know any more information about that - like who was the first girl, and why the recasting?

If Emily Bolton was the second actress cast as Manuella, then the first must have really been a lousy actress.

Emily Bolton is not a lousy actress - any one who has seen the four series of Tenko will tell you that.

Shes quite extraordinary in that. But I bet the Americans who frequent these boards have never even heard of Tenko..
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    It could be uncomfortable to watch for some viewers, but Hitch Hike with Corrine Clery & Franco Nero is worth checking out. (just make sure the young 'uns are asleep first)

Thanks for the recommendation of Tenko, I see old Burt Kwouk plays the commandant!
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    The answer to the original question is: Adele Fátima. She never shot the scenes in the hotel room, but her scenes were shot around the Sugarloaf mountain, around that cable car bit. When the part was re-cast, her scenes were cut too and the previously unshot scenes for Manuela were shot with Emily in place. The Sugarload scenes were never reshot with her.
  • BS 007BS 007 Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I don't know about Emily Bolton, but Corrine Clery did a heck of a lot of nude work in the '70s. In fact, she made her name in soft-core movies like The Story of O. Moonraker gave her an opportunity to put on some clothes and stand up for a while!

She deserved the role of Molly Goodhead. She's best actress than you think, but some of her films have remained confidential.
  • actonsteveactonsteve Posts: 299MI6 Agent
    CTrent49 wrote:
    taity wrote:
    IIf Emily Bolton was the second actress cast as Manuella, then the first must have really been a lousy actress.

Yes, but you inferred she was a lousy actress. Playing Eurasian POW in Tenko for four series proves otherwise.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    The Cat wrote:
    The answer to the original question is: Adele Fátima. She never shot the scenes in the hotel room, but her scenes were shot around the Sugarloaf mountain, around that cable car bit. When the part was re-cast, her scenes were cut too and the previously unshot scenes for Manuela were shot with Emily in place. The Sugarload scenes were never reshot with her.

Cat, can you tell us anything more? It did seem the Manuela part was a little truncated so I'm not surprised to find there was more to it. Do you have any idea what action took place it the missing footage and, most importantly perhaps, why the other actress was replaced?
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    chrisno1 wrote:
    I cant say anything about a first actress, but my Dad owned a copy of Playboy c1979 and I am certain Emily Bolton, Corrine Clery and some of Drax's girls appeared in this issue. Can anyone confirm this? As an adolescent boy, this was dreamland!

My brother and I used to have all of the Bond issues. There was definitely a Moonraker themed issue released around the time of the movie. I don't recall Emily Bolton, but Corrine Clery had a multi-page pictorial. Some of Drax's girls were definitely in it as well.