LALD DVD out of focus?

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
Was watching the early sections last night on remastered DVD of LALD. Bits seemed out of focus. Like when the camera pans acros the seated delegates at the UN conference. Then it stays on the UK delegate, and it does come into focus, albeit in a creamy sort of way.

Not really sure about these remastered ones. Like bits of the song didn't seem quite as good as normal. And in the pts, the snake is now obviously a plastic snake, it doesn't even move! Pathetic.

But other bits of the clean-up sort of niggled me a bit. Sometimes it is totally clear, other times not so.
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    I don't know, NP, I'll have to check. I watched the boat chase the other night, and it looked very good. I can see what TonyDP means when he suggests it's hard to go back to the old style formats...

BTW, the preview clips at the beginning are very AVTAK dominated, did JFF compile it? :o

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    I don't know, NP, I'll have to check. I watched the boat chase the other night, and it looked very good. I can see what TonyDP means when he suggests it's hard to go back to the old style formats...

BTW, the preview clips at the beginning are very AVTAK dominated, did JFF compile it? :o

:)) :)) It's always a bad sign when you reply to your own posts ( not that I've ever done that ;% ).

I have the remastered LALD and I'd been meaning to pop it in my DVD player but haven't had the time - hopefully by the weekend. However, in my experience I have seen films where the fidelity of scenes varies wildly. If can often attributed to different people working on different sections of the movie during restoration. That may well be what happened here. Or, the scenes that seemed out of focus might have always been that way but now that the film has been remastered, they just stand out more to you. As I said, I'll try to pop it in this weekend and let you know how I make out.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent

Yep, I've been holding out on all of you, the preview clips seen at the beginning of the LALD DVD were compiled by me. I was hired by MGM to create their trailers for the Ultimate Edition DVDs. In fact, I found out some inside information about Craig's tenure as Bond and how Timothy Dalton is, in actuality, a robot. ;)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    :v Hey, do you two mind? I was getting along quite nicely by myself... :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    At least I now understand your username NP. Napoleon Plural as in there is more than one [side] of you. :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore