The most horrible scene ever...

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
I dare you to watch this without creasing up with aghast incredulity.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AoCRgcKqb8M

Shocking, positively shocking.
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    He had me laughing when he sang.......now that isn't somthing we see Dalton do often! :o
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I nominate this topic for the 'Most Appropriately Titled Thread' Award!
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Most horrible scene ever?

I think not. I believe that honor goes to Sir Roger Moore. There is a scene in the movie Boat Trip that involves Sir Roger and some breakfast sausage. :o

Definitely a low point in his acting career. :#
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,491Chief of Staff
    A singer our Tim ain't, but his keeping a straight (well, straightish) face throughout that awful film- and that's not the worst scene!- deserved some kind of acting award.

(I wonder what Neil Sedaka thought...:)) )
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I suppose it could have been worse...he could have been starring in Moonraker!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sextette ... Whats the expression I'm looking for? Oh yes ... it seemed like a good idea at the time :))
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Is this for real?? :o Was Mae West re-animated for this film?

It's just horrific all round!!!!! It gives me a weird combination of the creeps and the dry boke. :s
    unitedkingdom.png
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Believe it or not, I remember when Dalton was chosen to be Bond in '86, this scene was played in a couple of those "you may remember Dalton from. . ." sequences on the news. Well, what can I say? Connery wore a wedding dress, a red diaper, and a teddy bear suit. . .but all that was after he was Bond!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    Whatever they paid him, it wasn't enough :o
    YNWA 97
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Connery wore a wedding dress, a red diaper, and a teddy bear suit. . .but all that was after he was Bond!
    :o When did Connery wear those things? :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Is this for real?? :o Was Mae West re-animated for this film?

That might have been a better option. Her age for this movie ranges from 83 to 91 and even Timothy Dalton has said nobody actually knew how old she was.

The only word to describe Sextette is surreal. It also had some rather strange cameos and stars. Quite an eclectic group. They range from Tony Curtis George Hamilton and Walter Pigeon to Keith Moon, Ringo Starr and Regis Philbin!!
    ( I hink Alice Cooper is even in there somewhere.

Tim Dalton, to the best of my knowledge, has never had a bad word to say about Mae West.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Anyone wondering how Dalton might have fared in Octopussy might check out this commercial, which also borrows from a scene in Cary Grant's Charade:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BsyjLtQsN70
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Connery wore a wedding dress, a red diaper, and a teddy bear suit. . .but all that was after he was Bond!
    :o When did Connery wear those things? :))

The red nappy (and go-go boots--forgot those!) were part of the costume he wore throughout John Boorman's legendary Zardoz:

During the same movie he's making an escape and he puts on a wedding dress (Lordy, Connery was desperate to escape the Bond image in the early '70s!).  As for the teddy bear costume, he wore that inThe Avengers. I couldn't find any pix of the dress and the bear suit. Maybe it's for the best. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto