The Spy Who Loved Me Soundtrack

klausklaus YorkshirePosts: 1MI6 Agent
Hello
I am new to all this, so apologies if this question is already fully answered elsewhere, but I am trying to find a copy of the soundtrack from tswlm. Not the rubbish one that all music shops insist is from the film, but where the "actual" music from the film is used.
Does it exist? If so, where can I get it!! Please help! Thanks very much!

Comments

• JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    I don't think there is such a thing. Sadly, we're stuck with the one we have. It's not that bad of an album, but it's missing a heck of a lot of cues.

Hope this helps.
  • Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    klaus wrote:
    Hello
    I am new to all this, so apologies if this question is already fully answered elsewhere

Would this question be in the bond music forum, it could get some attention from caring peoples.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Duly moved. Also, Klaus, we have a policy against posting the same topic in multiple forums. Please don't clog up the boards.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    edited October 2007
    Hello Klaus

Firstly:
    As you say above, the so-called "soundtrack" album readily available does not represent the original score of the movie.

Secondly:
    Apart from the fact that many of the cues heard in the film itself are not represented on the equivalent album, those that are heard are re-recordings.

Finally:
    Commercially the actual score for TSWLM is therefore unavailable. There may be bootleg and unofficial albums with the music you want, but naturally no-one here would have knowledge of such an item.

This is a sad fact, since Marvin Hamlisch's score is one of the most enjoyable of the non-Barry scores. Some of the album tracks are not heard in the film itself (eg "Anya") and some of the film cues (eg "Underwater Lotus") are superb.

Blame it on the mechanics of record company politics and economic necessity....:(
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Wow... Finally somebody realizes the difference for the first hearing. Good job Klaus. I'd advise you to discover the wonderful, innovative PM system developed by the good administrators.