Die Another Day DVD Question

Hi there. This is my first post on this board. I hope someone can help. I've been gradually watching through my Ultimate Editions (excellent by the way!) and can't seem to find the preview for Die Another Day. All the other DVDs have a segment on disk 2 called "Ministry of Propaganda" in which you can find the trailers, but DAD is missing this, at least on my copy. According to the sleeve of the DVD the trailer is listed as a special feature. Where is it?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• pixie_twinklepixie_twinkle Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    BUMP.

Please can someone help me with this?
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure why DAD doesn't have the "preview feature" but you should be able to find the trailers etc on the "Declassified Vault".
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    I just put in my DAD DVD and couldn't find the previews either. Is it possible the UK versions have the previes, while the US versions don't (even though on the case it says they are there)?

*Edit. There is no Ministry of Propaganda selection for the second disc.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    This is where we were cheated from the SE DAD DVD to the UE DAD DVD; In the UE a staggering three hours worth of material from the SE 2-disc special edition of Die Another Day has vanished like Bond's invisible car.

SE DVD Disc 2 Extras:
    Over 10 Hours !!!

1)'Inside Die Another Day' featurette (77 mins) – Not on UE DVD
    2)'Shaken Not Stirred On Ice': a car chase documentary (23 mins)
    3)'From Script To Screen': a Region 2 exclusive documentary (53 mins) Region 2 exclusive – Not on R1 USA dvds
    4)Mission Briefings: Intro and surfing / Hovercraft chase / Cube / Quatermaster / Ice palace / Car battle Not on UE DVD
    5)'Evolution Of A Scene': storyboard to finished film comparison including the hovercraft chase, car battle, blades and Antonov fight Not on UE DVD
    6)'Inter-Action Sequences': a multi-angle exploration of action sequences including the hovercraft chase and car battle Not on UE DVD
    7)'Equipment Briefing': a series of 5 vignettes about gadgets and weapons from the film Not on UE DVD
    8)Image database of over 250 stills including: Poster campaign / Cast portrait / Special shoot / Sets and locations / Stunts and special effects / Vehicles and gadgets
    9)'Title Design': an inside look at the visual elements of the opening credits Not on UE DVD
    10)'Digital Grading': before and after comparisons of digitally altered footage Not on UE DVD
    11)2 teaser trailers Not on UE DVD
    12)Theatrical trailer Not on UE DVD
    13)James Bond Special Edition DVD trailer Not on UE DVD
    14)TV spots Not on UE DVD
    15)Madonna 'Die Another Day' music video Not on UE DVD
    16)Making of Madonna’s Die Another Day music Video Not on UE DVD
    17)Trailer for the '007: Nightfire' PS2 game Not on UE DVD
    18)'The Making Of 007: Nightfire PS2 Game' featurette Not on UE DVD

UE DVD Disc 2 Extras:
    1) NEW : Just Another Day (22mins) – (This was actually given away free in the UK by the Sun Paper and Freeserve prior to the film’s release)
    2) NEW: A British Touch (3mins)
    3) NEW: Location Scouting (13mins)documentary following the Location Manager
    4) Additional DVD-ROM Features Available - weblinks

Vven as a hardcore fan, if you have the new UE version, which you bought for more extras, unless you do not have the SE edition, you will not have ‘all the extras’.

This so-called Ultimate Edition has given us 40 ‘new’ Dire minutes and taken away 180 Quality minutes

Personally in my own collection, what I Have done is included Disc 2 from the SE into the UE version – So I now have an Ultimate 3DVD Edition of Die Another Day, with the movie and All the Extras - And I gave away disc 1 from SE to a friend who was chuffed to get a free DVD
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    I know that the original DAD i had was more impressive than the Ultimate Edition one
  • pixie_twinklepixie_twinkle Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Damn, and here I was hoping that maybe I just wasn't seeing the place to click for the trailer. It sucks that we don't get it at all! Oh well, I think A7ce has the best idea. DAD DVDs are dirt cheap at the moment (second hand) so I'll pick one up for the second disc and add it to my UE set. I don't know how I'll fit it in the slim box though! I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.