Invisible tank

Have a look at this, pretty amazing if it's true! Should be possible with Vanquish as well then. Maybe Die Another Day wasn't so over the top after all :)

Read Army tests James Bond style tank that is 'invisible'
BOND LIFESTYLE
JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Neat. Although it would have been nice to see actual video (don't be duped by the photo. the caption clearly reads "how the vehicle might look...") but I suppose the MoD wouldn't make it a habit to release footage of military projects.

One comment from a reader was interesting, wondering how such a vehicle would perform in a dusty or snowy environment. It makes sense that anything coating the vehicle would interfere with the optics. Once all sides have this technology, the MoD is going to have to create some sort of 'cropdusting' missile to expose the invisible units.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    The way warfare is going. What is the point. I'd rather they had spent those millions on something else. Complete waste of time and money if you ask me. All it proves is the invisible aston wasn't such as stupid as everyone made out.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,339MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    neat {:)
    I see you edited a post, NP. Sticking to the rule that if you can't say anything nice about DAD, don't say anything at all? ;)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    s96024 wrote:
    All it proves is the invisible aston wasn't such as stupid as everyone made out.
    It doesn't prove it to me. My problem with the invisible car never had anything to do with whether it was possible (I've known for a while that it was possible.) Rather my problem was that I simply didn't believe in it in the reality that was DAD.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,339MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    I see you edited a post, NP. Sticking to the rule that if you can't say anything nice about DAD, don't say anything at all? ;)

Oh the post is there alright darenhat... Can't you see it? :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    darenhat wrote:
    Quite possibly, or he's gone mad. In the 'LALD DVD out of focus?' thread he replied to himself. :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    darenhat wrote:

Oh the post is there alright darenhat... Can't you see it? :D

:))
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Yeah, Im still going to say that a car that can turn into a submarine really isnt all that believable. I mean - it would have alot of issues to face - such as propulsison systems, air supply, weight management, ballast tanks.

At least the Aston was only coated in invisability paint, and didnt fundamentaly change the design of the car.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:
    Yeah, Im still going to say that a car that can turn into a submarine really isnt all that believable. I mean - it would have alot of issues to face - such as propulsison systems, air supply, weight management, ballast tanks.

At least the Aston was only coated in invisability paint, and didnt fundamentaly change the design of the car.

Didn't somebody make a car which could turn into a submarine. Not a lotus but something else. Sounds like a Top Gear challenge.