New Look for Old Enemy (Dr. Who Spoiler)

Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
Here is what the "old school" Sontarans originally looked like:

sontaran.jpg

Now the revamped Sontarans for Season Four:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Link

Perhaps a little on the short side, maybe make the colour scheme darker, but I like the high-tech appearance of the suit and carbine...
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    It seems to be a "new Who" tradition to bring back one old villain per season (1-Daleks; 2-Cybermen; 3-Master), so I wondered who might be back for season four. The Sontarans, to my mind, were pretty much second-tier baddies; so perhaps the current producers and writers have turned them into something new and interesting. As for the costume--it's fine, and I just hope it doesn't have the same flaw as the original: a slit right in the exact spot where a Sontaran is vulnerable!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    I think it looks good; many don't but I can't really see it being a massive change from the old ones, to be honest. I liked the Sontarans, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I still have a feeling that Davros will finally turn up, though...
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    I thought the Daleks were very successfully revamped and generally used, with "Dalek" (a single episode as good as "School Reunion" and "Blink"), two very good season finals, and a mediocre Season Three story.

I thought the Cybermen were revamped well enough too, but they were relatively primitive and the product of a private corporation on a alternative Earth.

The Master was not quite utilized well enough and "Last of the Time Lords" was something of a damp squib, even though Derek Jacobi and John Simm both did a fine job, John Barrowman was back in his element after moping about on the turgid Torchwood, while "Utopia" was one of the best episodes of the third season and harkened back to the Doctor Who of the 1970s and early 80s...
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    And of course don't forget that an old Doctor is back next week! see the front of the Radio Times if you haven't already :)