NEW!!! James Bond Complete Encyclopedia!!!!!!

SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
After being rained out from the beach I figured I'd kill some time at the mall and upon entering Borders, in the new hardcover release section, there it is; The James Bond Encyclopedia...After I stopped jumping up and down with excitement I picked it up and looked through it. It was AWESOME and totally worth the $40. It has: Complete background info, bios and pics of Ian Fleming and all of the Bonds, the Bond women, the Bond villains, supporting characters, cars, weapons, gadgets gizmos and everything to ever appear in all 21 Bond films PLUS profiles of all the movies with original movie poster art and behind the scenes pics. I think this is an essential buy for any James Bond fan!!! Just thought you guys might like to know!!!!
*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I was considering buying a copy of this. Now I may just have to!

Does it have many photographs or is it mostly text based?
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    wow!! I'll have to go pick one up this weekend! sounds like a great read

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Yes, I just picked this up a couple of days ago and its a most interesting and informative read. All Bond fans should have this in their collection. :007)
    Does it have many photographs or is it mostly text based?

It contains quite a number of photographs, so you won't be disappointed there. :)
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
    It contains quite a number of photographs, so you won't be disappointed there.

Ah, superb! Must pick up a copy of this now, not to be missed! ;)
  • leongpcleongpc Posts: 38MI6 Agent
    yup. i came across it while holidaying in bangkok 2 weeks ago. awesome. with lots of colourful pics. =)
    Well, I picked up a copy of this and what can I say......

It has to be one of the best Books around. There are plenty, and I mean plenty of pictures (some very rare ones) that speak for themselves.

It weighs a ton, and well worth the £17.99.
  • XeniaXenia 2nd star to the right, straighPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    I'm bad, I already know what I'm getting for Christmas and this is one of the presents. I so can't wait to read this book, now I can truly say, I'm a Bond fanatic. :D
    You won't be dissapointed Xenia! Tis a good read. B-)
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    i certainly have to go pick this up. i am going to start building my Bond book collection, and this sounds like one I need to add. PM some of your favourites people, I would love to hear opinions.

the other one I want to pick up is Essential and the Art of Bond. Those two look great. anyways, PM me your faves and picks. cheers. {[]
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    I have the "Essential Bond", it's OK, good variety off pics with character facts etc.

Overall it's "basic", but adequate.
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    You can find more on this book here: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/articles/007/jamesbondencyclopedia/

It's an excellent Bond book I highly recommend it to everyone, even if it's just to feast your eyes on the design and imagery!
    Simon
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    got it for X-mas...bless the parents! An amazing addition to any Bond fan's information collection!!

The Encyclopedia and my battered, highlighted old copy of Essential are the best books I've ever owned :D

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Just to let one and all know (at least those living in the UK) that Tesco is currently selling this £25 book for a mere £10 - however, those in my local do not have dust jackets.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It's a new print of it without the cover, they are selling them at the same price in WHSmiths too.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    Cheers MH and ASP - that'll be good for a tenner !

Whish is your local Tesco Mark, seeing as your in West Mids like myself?
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    A7ce wrote:
    Cheers MH and ASP - that'll be good for a tenner !

Whish is your local Tesco Mark, seeing as your in West Mids like myself?

Although originally a Brummy (born in Erdington) my local Tesco is Willenhall - the one twixt Wolverhampton and Walsall, not the one near Coventry.
    secured one for £10 from Tesco B'ham City Centre.
    The Books had their own large card stand with about 1-15 copies.

Also at the base of they had the Fleming novels for £15 in a rigid box containing 14 books I think it was -.

anyway thanks for the heads up on the £10 price Mark.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I bought the book about a week ago. It is nice to have a complete reference guide to 007, but there are better books on Bond IMHO
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    I've had this book for a while. It is brilliant, every Bond fan should have it.
    Just saw an ad on ITV and this book is in WHSmith down in price from £25 to some £6.25 - so a nice stocking filler
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Sorry, I did a search on this topic before starting my own.

It's a good book but a bit for kids in a way. The pics are great ie little known, but it's a tad simplistic after tomes like The Legacy. The characters are listed without the actors' names, for instance and they sort of tell you what they do and what happens like you're a new enthusiast hungry for Bond information. They have Status: Shot by 007 or Retired from ice-skating (for Bibi in FYEO) sort of a bit twee. Just slightly embarrassing for an adult to have it on his coffee table imo. :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I didn't find it very informative and I'm only 14!
    It wasn't bad though, worth it for £6.25.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    I got the Dutch edition for Sinterklaas.
    I had the English edition already,but Dutch is easyer to read for me. :007)
    I gave the English edition to my Danish sister-in-law who is also a great Bond fan. -{
    Its a must have for al Bond fans.
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    agent 00 wrote:
    I got the Dutch edition for Sinterklaas.

Sinterklaas is a great man ;) I bought the dutch edition a few weeks ago.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad