Look-alikes

Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
Yester evening, when I was coming home from Uni by train, a man sat across from me... who looked exactly like Peter Boyle! :o :D It was unbelievable. I really thought that Boyle had come back from the dead and was travelling in a Melbourne train. :)) I'm not exaggerating; if I hadn't had a book, I would have found it very difficult to take my eyes off him, he looked that identical to Boyle.

This morning, I was watching an old episode of Everybody Loves Raymond on TV, and I was really struck by just how much the guy in the train looked like Boyle. It was an weird experience being near someone who looked so similar to a dead celebrity whom I often watched in films and on TV.

Anybody else have similar experiences involving look-alikes?
"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    A fascinating anecdote, DS. :D Who, prey, is Peter Boyle?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    This should help you out Napoleon.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001967/
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    A fascinating anecdote, DS. :D Who, prey, is Peter Boyle?
    You don't know who he is? :o And you consider yourself to be an authority on cinema. :p BTW, thanks for those kind words; it was probably even more fascinating seeing this look-alike than hearing about it. :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Hmm, Santa Clause 3... THAT Peter Boyle...

I saw Brit actor Peter Bowles on Waterloo station once. Not even a lokalike, it was him.

And that posh actor from Love Actually (thinks, doesn't narrow it down) the 50ish bloke with receding blond hair who plays rock star that's it Bill Nighy, he is always seen around London, wearing a mournful expression like he's been banished from Celeb World and forced to walk among the plebs...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    haha Bill Nighy's crazy...^^

The only celebs I've seen/hung out with are a few bands like Flogging Molly...

oh, I met Seamus and Crabbe from the Potter films in a local candy store...it was rather random...apparently the rest of 'em were in town somewhere...

that's cool about the Boyle look a like tho! he's awesome!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    Funny you should post this Dan. I had a freaky look-alike experience the other day and was going to make a simliar post about it.

I was at a football game (American football) and there was a guy sitting a few rows down from me who looked EXACTLY like Syd Barrett. For those of you who don't know, Syd Barrett was the original lead guitarist, singer, and creative power behind Pink Floyd. He basically single-handedly wrote the Floyd's first album, the Piper at the Gates of Dawn, but went crazy from too much acid shortly after and left the band, being replaced by David Gilmour. He made a couple solo albums in 1970, lived the rest of his life in solitude, and died just last year.
    Anyway, because of Syd Barrett's recent death, and the fact that he was such an enigma throughout his life, it was extremely eerie to see a guy that looked exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like him. Just as you were with your look-alike Dan, My eyes were glued to this guy. It was as if one of my music idols had appeared to me from the other side. It was a crazy experience.

As far as seeing real celebrities goes, I saw a handful of celebrities when I went to the NCAA Final Four a few years ago. Bill Murray was a few rows behind me. I never got the chance to talk to him, which I've always regretted. When one of the games was over I walked up the steps right behind Vince Vaughn, who then proceeded to stop and have a chat with Craig Ferguson right in front of me. I also saw that little nerdy guy from the sitcom Yes Dear.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    as far as look a-likes go for me, I've seen people who look exactly like Michael Cane and Russel Crowe drive by my high school. I think I freaked them out on account of the fact that I was staring, trying to figure out if they were the real thing or not...still don't know...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com